Perform all tasks involved in the production of Scarfed Honeycomb rings and segments. Follow standard work methods and practise safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
- Performs manual operations relating to Scarf ring manufacture whilst also learning machining, processing and/or assembly operations within the production operation
- Detect and report defective materials and questionable conditions
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Must be able to perform, but not limited to the following tasks: Rolling / Cutting / Dressing / Hand Welding of Scarfed Honeycomb rings.
- Operate a variety of production machinery and equipment, carry out inspection of components and completion of necessary documentation
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above
- Perform described maintenance as required
- Perform all dimensional inspections
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required or detected. May work at different workstations as production needs require
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Acts in a safety conscious manner, conform to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment and reports and or intervenes when unsafe situations are observed
- Utilize Microsoft and other software as appropriate to maximize efficiency and effectivness of workload
- Ensure compliant with all relevant internal and external regulations, directives and legislation
- Ensure own working area is kept clean and tidy
- Apply LEAN principles and aim for continual improvement
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned by the management
- Experienced within an engineering environment, experience of using machine tools
- Good manual dexterity required
- Is able to read and interpret drawings, work instructions, use simple/basic machinery and basic hand-held measuring tools
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Highly motivated team player and self-disciplined
- Has to be continuous improvement orientated
- Attention to accuracy and attention to detail
- Is computer literate
- Must be willing to work in a day and shift operation as production needs require
- We are proud to offer our people development opportunities and encourage them to reach beyond current possibilities to drive true innovation in technology. Our competitive advantage runs much deeper than our technology, service and prior successes. We proudly view our diversity as a key factor in our ability to succeed. This includes not only tangible differences, but differences in our beliefs. This diversity and the way we integrate it, along with respect and open communication, lay the groundwork for innovation and success.
- We do not just strive for diversity, we successfully benefit from it. Our goal is to foster our employees’ personal strengths and get them thinking about their future. We believe that the personal satisfaction of our employees hinges on advancement in career, education and work-life balance. We believe in appropriate, fair pay for your dedication and hard work.
Oerlikon Neomet is a subsidiary of the Oerlikon Group and operates within the Surface Solutions segment. Oerlikon Neomet is a renowned global leader in the manufacture of metallic honeycomb structures and provider of metal joining solutions. With over 30 years of experience in the field of honeycomb manufacture, Oerlikon Neomet has developed and refined a unique capability that serves our worldwide customers in Aerospace and Industrial Power Generation sectors in both OEM and MRO. As part of the Oerlikon Group, Oerlikon Neomet has vast technical and development resource at our disposal. With a true pedigree in the field of product development and innovation our honeycomb seal solutions are in service on the leading gas turbine engine platforms. Allied to our metallic honeycomb offering, Oerlikon Neomet also provide technical expertise and materials to the metal joining industry, utilizing amorphous braze foils and Oerlikon Metco braze products.
Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials, services, specialized machining services and components. Operating a dynamically growing network of more than 40 sites in EMEA, Americas and Asia Pacific, Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon.