Product Support Specialist
Process, application and product (materials, equipment, and coatings) related support to internal and external customers for the Americas region, Latin America distributors, KAMs, CSRs, Europe and Asia Pacific regions.
- Take phone calls and respond to customer’s web inquiries
- Coating problem troubleshooting for existing parameters
- Recommendation for materials and spray parameters
- Coordination between the customer, sales (KAM/Direct Sales) and Application Support
- Review equipment quotations
- Help Direct Sales and CSRs to identify equipment and parts for quotations
- Provide support to Equipment PLMs
- Technical product support for spare parts, components, and material inquiries
- Support for work safety- and process-safety-inquiries (internal and external)
- Issuing of technical documents for internal and external use
- Revise and assist in the creation of New Product Bulletins for Marcom
- Competent contact person for technical and application issues
- Identify and research solutions for customer inquiries or direct them to the appropriate resource in a timely and efficient manner.
- Training for Oerlikon Metco products and processes internally
- Maintain Product Configurator for core and handheld equipment
- Assist Equipment QA with quality complaints and resolutions
- Technical education (material science or electrical or mechanical or process engineering)
- Approx. 5-7 years of professional experience in a thermal spray coating/flame spray industry environment (application development, research, and development, etc.)
- Commercial knowledge
- English (verbal and written)
- Good communication skills and experience in dealing with customers
- Product and market knowledge
- PC-tools (MS Office, SAP a plus)
- Organization and coordination skills
- Problem-solving skills - ability to research optimal and alternative solutions.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.