Under close supervision, sets up and operates all equipment within the production environment. Responsible for measuring and controlling product quality and making process changes within the scope of the standard operating procedures. Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Reports to shift supervisor on production status, problems, and deviations.
- Reads and applies information contained in specifications to determine equipment settings that impact product outputs.
- Examine material in order to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Maintains processing reports to record and enter into batch records and databases.
- Ensure that correct materials are being utilized according to production records and planner schedule.
- Identifies and labels all production materials in process at all times.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations and takes action to correct unsafe conditions where identified.
- Maintains department housekeeping standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical Trades School or associates degree required.
- Ability to service and build manufacturing equipment.
- Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instruction in English.
- Must be able to communicate 1 on 1 and in small groups.
- Must have mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Must be able to use these abilities when working with weights and volumes.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of manufacturing experience
- Propose process improvements with regard to safety, quality, and productivity.
- Operates lift truck and other material handling equipment.
- Core Competencies include safety and housekeeping, quality of work, quantity of work, position and knowledge, initiative, teamwork, and attendance.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.