Location: Barboursville, WV
- Take instructions from supervisors.
- Start up and shutdown of equipment
- Loading and unloading of freight using a forklift and overhead crane.
- Grit blasting of various parts for thermal spray.
- Assist with the operation of machines and equipment.
- Shipping and receiving of customer parts.
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret written instructions
- General janitorial work.
- Observe all Environmental, Health and Safety Policy requirements: Keeping work area neat and orderly at all times, Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and Wearing appropriate respiratory gear when in thermal spray booth
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lb. on a daily basis.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and management.
- Ability to obtain forklift and crane certification
- Ability to learn new tools and equipment
- Ability to work variable hours including overtime and weekends as needed
- Documentation skills with basic computer and MS Office skills.
- Possess a valid driver license (Employees use company vehicles).
- Minimum 1 - 2 years of experience in a production environment.
- Ability to perform dimensional inspection using micrometers, calipers, and other measuring devices is a plus
- Blueprint reading skills is a plus
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.