Job Title: Pricing Manager
Location: Westbury, NY, USA
The Transactional Contract Pricing Support Specialist supports Marketing in the determination of appropriate market-based list prices, pricing strategies and discounts based on analysis of market climate and competition, including support in product life cycle management Responsible for development of best practices of pricing excellence by defining and implementing efficient pricing related processes and tools, by providing pricing transparency and by facilitating continuous pricing related improvement initiatives Monitors pricing model effectiveness in relationship to current customers, competitors, market and economic conditions and, in cooperation with Product line management and BU management, makes recommendations to modify pricing model and supports new model integration into the pricing system Manage adherence to guidelines, delegation of pricing authority Maintains independently productive, team-based cross functional relationships with key pricing stakeholders Works without direction by interfacing with the involved functional departments to obtain pricing inputs and to identify and resolve problems Provides pricing advisory services and analysis on all aspects of proposal preparation, including RFP analysis, disclosure and compliance issues, terms, pricing strategies, business risks, and general proposal content in a global realm when applicable Lead a small team for the creation, analysis, structure, presentation, and delivery of special pricing reviews and manages price approval processes; ensures timely execution of requests Acts as primary interface for collecting, analyzing, evaluating and rationalizing all functional inputs to ensure completeness and accuracy Leads effective price reviews with cross-functional staff teams and assists senior management in developing appropriate bids, negotiation and closing strategy Oversees and manages the quality and execution of required pricing relating to internal and external communications
- Report and analyse pricing trends and metrics monthly
- Create price sensitivity & elasticity analysis for product managers review
- Execution and maintenance of prices in SAP or any ERP system
- Maintain competitive price data
- Work with Product Line Managers (PLM’s) to set pricing targets and guardrails on all products annually
- Make changes to local book pricing and target contract pricing as needed in order to react to developing trends or market changes
- Support sales on the execution of strategic price agreements and LTAs
- Liaise with sales directors and internal partners effectively
- Being able to manage multiple pricing objectives for different franchises
- Maintain strategic programs and ensuring that they fit with business needs
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related discipline
- 5 to 7 years relevant experience
- Proven track record in developing price strategies, Market price analyses
- High level of Business Acumen
- Strong Financial modelling skills
- Proficiency with SAP (preferred but not required)
- Microsoft Office products proficiency with main focus on MS Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Strong team, organizational, interpersonal and communications skills are necessary
- Experience in working and a multinational and multicultural environment
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.