Press Operator III
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Great communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. Must be able to work well with other production personnel. Solid attendance, punctuality, self-motivation, and the ability to work well under pressure are necessary. Must be able to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions, and ask questions if necessary to prevent misunderstanding.
Must have experience or the capacity to learn press stamping operations and all related quality procedures. Must be able to perform daily preventive maintenance including equipment cleaning and other tasks as assigned. Must participate in production and quality problem troubleshooting or improvement activities. Related skills include set-up for production on the press, job prioritizing and sequencing.
- Must participate in annual training to update and document job related skills, including Core tools (SPC, MSA, APQP & PFMEA) as applicable to the position.
- Performs typical press operations to support the assembly floor.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Must be able to use mics/calipers and any other gages as needed.
- Communicates clearly with all co-workers and supervision.
- Clocks in and out per shift requirements and lunch scheduling.
- Has solid attendance, starts work on time, works assigned schedule to include overtime.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must satisfy all quality standards and quality processes.
- Must conform to current health, environmental, and safety standards.
- Must be able to perform but not limited to the following tasks:
- Must be able to perform daily maintenance including equipment cleaning, making minor adjustments on assigned production equipment as necessary to maintain and enhance production of quality parts in an efficient fashion.
- Related skills include set-up for production on the press, job prioritizing and sequencing.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Able to perform basic set-ups on these machines and tools that are used in them.
- Ensures own safety and the safety of others by following all safety regulations.
- Conforms to and stays abreast of company policies.
- Commits to corporate goals, mission and vision.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Friction Systems enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Friction Systems serves industries such as automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Friction Systems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Friction Systems to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Friction Systems is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.