Press Operator II
Responsible to load material, operate mechanical production equipment, inspect and pack product, track and record production and downtime information. Follow company policies and procedures, actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives, and engages the company core values.
- Performs typical production operations to support the manufacturing process.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Adheres to the corporate values, goals, mission and vision.
- Communicates clearly with co-workers and supervision.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions, and ask questions if necessary to prevent misunderstanding.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform daily maintenance including equipment cleaning.
- Maintain and enhance production of quality parts efficiently.
- Ability to comprehend and operate basic machine functions.
- Ensures own safety and the safety of others by following all safety regulations.
- Conforms to and stays abreast of company policies.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to read and write.
- Inspects parts visually, or with gages, according to procedures, to verify conformance to specification.
- Commits to the corporate core values, goals, mission and vision.
- High School graduate or GED preferred.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills to include basic understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheets and Access database.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Friction Systems enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Friction Systems serves industries such as automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Friction Systems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Friction Systems to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Friction Systems is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.