Location: Plymouth, MI
Responsible for the planning, execution and management of production orders for the assigned product families including material requirements planning and ensuring conformance with product specifications. Continuously monitor, analyze, troubleshoot and improve processes to meet Company and Production Department Goals & Objectives.
- Embrace and comply with current Plant Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies related to production planning and execution.
- Responsible for planning and monitoring production activities for assigned product portfolios to meet production targets in quality, quantity, and delivery date. It is expected that any foreseen failure to deliver on time be communicated to the appropriate individuals within the organization in a timely manner.
- Communicate with plant operators to ensure production orders are followed correctly; respond to questions and concerns raised on the plant floor. Resolve deviations with the assistance of the Operations Team. .
- Identify operating problems/trends and suggest corrective actions including recipe adjustment to meet or exceed standard performance in term of EH&S, Quality, Completion date, Productivity, and Cost.
- Investigate and provide recommendations for continuous process improvement using established Change Control procedures, utilizing the needed resources to meet Company & Production Department Goals and Objectives.
- Maintain and ensure data integrity in SAP, LIMS (laboratory information management system) and other Company information systems for the assigned product families and maintain optimal work-in-process inventory.
- Provide assistance, when needed, to other departments who need production resources for projects such as product transitions/introductions and customer complaint investigations.
- Continuous learning of technical and non-technical skills related to planning, hydrometallurgy, mineral processing, work place safety, and operations supervision.
- Provide vacation coverage for other Planners or other special coverage when needed.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives through 5-S and other lean manufacturing methodologies
- Support the upkeep of plant standard operating procedures and of documentation relating to process improvements, capacity improvements or other optimization and R&D initiatives..
- Responsible for special assignments as needed by the Operations Team..
- A technical diploma or university degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an industrial environment or anequivalent combination of education and experience.
- SAP training in MM/PP
- Analytical troubleshooting
- Lean Manufacturing and 5S.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent in both verbal and written communication, interpersonal and troubleshooting skills.
- Incumbent should be detail oriented with good prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Good team player and flexible.