Title: Payroll Clerk
Location: Schaumburg, IL
To be successful as a Payroll Clerk you should be able to carry out all tasks with high attention to detail, be highly organized and possess excellent math skills. In this role you will be an integral part of the Oerlikon US Shared Services team. You will perform wide variety of record-keeping and payroll-processing activities while assuring compliance with applicable state and federal wage and hour laws. We offer a highly collaborative, global environment as a technology leader in several key industries. This opens the door to exciting personal development programs and long term perspectives for our employees.
- Data entry of new employees, terminations, transfers and promotions
- Gathering and preparing garnishment details
- Complete requests for pay-related documents including statements and verifications
- Generate, analyze and present reports
- Provide day-to-day payroll support, including answering employees’ questions and concerns regarding payroll.
- Liaise with the HR department and Finance as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years payroll department experience, preferably using Paylocity Web Pay
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Proficient use of MS Excel and other MS programs
- Strong attention to detail required
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment and knowledge sharing
- An exciting challenge with a very high degree of freedom of choice and responsibility
- An international community with an open-minded culture
- Attractive working conditions
With this role we are recruiting for one of the most appreciated positions within our organization. Our great HR team works hard to make our business feel supported in their daily operations and in their development within Oerlikon. If you are passionate about Payroll and new technology then we look forward to receiving your application soon.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.