Position: Operations Manager
Location: Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta Canada
Oerlikon Metco Canada is seeking an Operations Manager to join our team at our Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta manufacturing facility.
This role will provide strategic direction for manufacturing operations and engineering activities, including group framework, identifying areas of opportunity/improvement as well as directing major projects and providing technical expertise.
- Compliance with Quality, Environmental, Safety and Health policies and regulatory requirements;
- Providing direction and establishment of long term plans for major plant improvements;
- Accountable for Operations capital budgets;
- Controlling production costs and achieving production levels, demand planning and key performance indicators to track and improve plant efficiency;
- Hiring and direct performance management of staff, including Operations Supervisor, Planning Supervisor and supporting engineers;
- Establishes a positive work environment that encourages innovation, continuous improvement and adherence to high quality standards;
- Promotes lean manufacturing methodologies;
- Liaises with product managers, sales, R&D and QC to ensure alignment with corporate and operational objectives.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Engineering combined with 10 years progressive responsibility in a manufacturing environment including 5 years management experience;
- Experience in project management and lean manufacturing is preferred;
- Proven leadership skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
A competative total rewards package.