Operations Intern - Equipment Dept
Under little or no supervision, perform a variety of semi-complex electro-mechanical assembly, adjusting, installing, and fitting operations on components or modules.
- Work from operation sheets, blueprints, schematics and verbal instructions to perform diversified assembling operations.
- Set up and operate a variety of machines and assembly operations to specific tolerances using available fixtures.
- Perform operations such as assembly, wiring, Testing and packing. Include cutting, manual and semi-automatic inserting, laying stripping, tying wires and attaching components to modules or sub-assemblies, and complete.
- Use a variety of measuring instruments to test components for acceptability to operating requirements and specifications.
- Perform minor maintenance of bench and shop tools and equipment.
- Maintain records of parts and components processed.
- May guide and train lower level employees.
- Keep work area in a safe, clean and orderly manner.
- Use all prescribed personal protection equipment (PPE) where deemed necessary; Follow established environmental, health and safety policies, procedures and work instructions associated with assigned duties and work location.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Associates degree or currently attending school in either mechanical or electrical technology, industrial or trade school certificate. Should be able to read and interpret drawings and schematics.
- Assembly experience involving building, testing and troubleshooting assemblies and equipment is preferred
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon.
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.