Title: Operational Excellence Manager
Location: Lake Orion, Michigan
- Focus on continuous process improvement through implementation of lean manufacturing and other operational excellence methodologies
- Creates and evaluates KPIs for trends / gaps and prepares daily and monthly reports based on analysis
- Develop infrastructure to support Balzers’ lean initiatives through global and regional direction and assistance
- Ensure strict adherence to Oerlikon safety practice standards and policies
- Development, improvement, and adherence to the Oerlikon Operational Excellence program (OOE)
- Participation and responsibilities in the Global OOE network and core team
- Stays current on new and/or updated technology, manufacturing practices, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline
- 10 years of process improvement experience in a manufacturing type environment with 5 years of experience leading improvement projects in a dedicated improvement position
- Practical experience in KATA methodology as a learner and coach, with ability to train Kata coaches
- Must be a change-agent with demonstrated experience in a conversion of traditional operation in manufacturing to a more lean operation
- Must be action oriented and commit to a hands-on approach of problem solving with a strong floor presence as needed
- Strong computer experience to include SAP, and analytical software
- Automotive (IATF16949), Aerospace (AS9100/NADCAP), and/or Medical Device (ISO13485) experience strongly preferred
- Must be willing to travel >50% of time
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments). *CA
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - please send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.