This position is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the front office. The Office Manager will support the Production Managers with a hands-on approach. This person assumes responsibility for all office tasks including ones not listed below. This individual is expected to have a very strong office guiding presence.
- Performs activities of the office (to include, but not limited to filing, telephone answering, preparation of documents, record retention, duplication, faxing, and mail distribution)
- Create, mail, receive FedEx/UPS forms & packages
- Open sales orders in SAP which includes creating folders for each part that will be processed including: task numbers, drawings, work orders, etc.
- Issue purchase orders to vendor to manufacture parts according to customer's order. Ensure vendor has clear instructions on what material parts are to be manufactured with as well as requesting material certifications to supply to customer
- Review incoming purchase orders from customers to ensure pricing matches quote, delivery is acceptable with our production schedule, terms of payment are correct, etc.
- Maintain day to day operations of the front office/staff
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of office manager experience
- Experience with SAP, ADP software, SEED, office equipment
- Experience with creating/mailing/receiving FedEx/UPS forms & packages
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.