The Mechanical Repair Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, testing and repairing a variety of mechanical assemblies for the textile industry.
- You will have a mechanical aptitude for troubleshooting and repairing mechanical assemblies
- You offer a familiarity of shop machines such as: bench grinder, lathe, milling machine, hand tools, soldering / de-soldering iron, drill press, multi-meter, arbor press, hydraulic press and pneumatic screwdriver
- You are reliable, self-motivated and willing to learn
- You have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- You will have forklift certification (onsite certification)
- You are able to communicate effectively and at different levels with internal employees
- You are able to communicate effectively (speak, read and write English fluently)
- You have an associate degree or equivalent military experience
- You've had previous industrial mechanical repair experience preferred
- You are familiar with using hand tools including wrenches, hammers and screw drivers
- You are familiar with inspecting equipment including calibers, gauges, test stands Hydraulic press
- You are familiar with drills and grinders
- You are familiar with pallet jacks and fork lift
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off
- Close proximity to public tranporation
- Private parking space
- Community Events
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Manmade Fibers with the product brands Oerlikon Barmag and Oerlikon Neumag is the world market leader for filament spinning systems used for manufacturing manmade fibers, texturing machines, BCF systems, staple fiber spinning systems and artificial turf systems and – as an engineering services provider – offers solutions along the entire textile value added chain. As a future oriented company, the Oerlikon Group segment’s research and development is driven by energy-efficiency and sustainable technologies. With the expansion of the product range to include polycondensation systems and their key components, the company now caters to the entire process – from the monomer all the way through to the textured yarn.
The primary Oerlikon Barmag markets are in Asia, with Oerlikon Neumag’s main markets in the US, Turkey and China. Correspondingly, the companies – with almost 2500 employees – have a worldwide presence in 120 countries as part of the Oerlikon Manmade Fibers network of production, sales and distribution and service organizations. At the R&D centers in Remscheid, Neumünster and Chemnitz, highly-qualified engineers and technicians develop innovative and technologically-leading products for tomorrow’s world.
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - please send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Manmade Fibers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Manmade Fibers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Manmade Fibers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.