Reporting to the Process Engineering Manager and working closely with Production, Quality Assurance, Production Planning, Document control, Change Engineering, and Purchasing; the Mechanical Engineer in MOU is responsible for handling all aspects of operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting of existing equipment and provides project engineering or project management support as needed for design, selection, and procurement of new equipment (or upgrading existing equipment).
- Maintenance support –
- Developing PM plans & schedules
- Review and maintain asset list and ensure all equipment is in good working condition and provide recommendations for replacement and / or upgrade strategy
- Develop maintenance training plans (Equipment maintenance plans and personnel training)
- Perform failure analysis for equipment failures and facilitate root cause investigations and corrective actions
- Projects –
- Ability to create Layout and Engineering Drawings in AutoCAD
- Lead and/or assist with facilities and equipment related projects
- Identify, select design , and provide recommendations for sourcing new equipment
- Examine, prepare and verify technical drawings and specifications, to ensure that installation and operations of new / existing equipment conforms to standards
- Prepare, communicates, and maintains schedules, reports, and documents based on sounds project management principles
- Process Engineering support –
- Create, update, and maintain P&ID’s
- Analyze engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors
- Review and provide recommendations to modify design to correct operating deficiencies and/or reduce production issues.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering, electrical drawings, and control systems
- Create and maintain operating procedures for equipment
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field.
- At least 2 years of related experience preferred
- Automation experience preferred
- Experience in statistical process control strongly desired
- Demonstrated experience in process evaluation and improvement, trouble-shooting and problem solving.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with a variety of personnel including administration, engineering, scientific, and manufacturing staff.
- Understanding of industry recognized best practices for engineering processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment and maintain a positive outlook.
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD 3D is preferred (Minimum required proficiency in AutoCAD 2D)
- Working knowledge of various softwares including: MS Office, Project, Visio, and SAP.