Location: Mequon, WI
Material Handler position overview: Performs manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing and delivering a variety of materials, equipment and supplies. Professionalism and attention to detail are extremely critical to this position and must always be held in the highest regard.
Oerlikon Friction Systems (US) Inc. is committed to total customer satisfaction. We expect the same commitment from our employees with regards to satisfaction, customer specific requirements, workmanship, and continual quality improvements. Embraces our corporate values, goals, mission and vision.
Oerlikon Friction Systems (US) Inc. is also committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for its associates and all others visiting or working on our site. We expect all associates to actively participate in the protection of the health and safety of themselves and all others on the site as well as the conservation of resources and the protection of the environment.
Must participate and contribute in ongoing trainings to update and document job related skills, including Core tool (SPC, MSA, APQP, CONTROL PLAN, & PFMEA) as applicable to the position. The supervisors and managers will identify training for each of their respective employees.
- Counts, weights or measures incoming or outgoing items to compare identifying information and variety against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records; examines incoming shipments for damage or shortages and alerts purchasing if issues are found. Completes paperwork or forms required for documentation.
- Fill in for Shipping/Receiving person when they are out of the office.
- Deliver material to work stations on a scheduled basis to ensure operators do not run out of materials. Ensure delivery and pick up areas are clearly 5s marked.
- Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks or dollies to move, stock or reorganize storage.
- Participates in routing, counting and inspecting items while loading and unloading trucks; delivers and returns items
- Transports high dollar cost materials, equipment, laboratory supplies, office supplies, furniture and hazardous materials to internal customers and production lines; secures cargo properly and safely with with evenly distributed.
- Performs vehicle inspection as required by Oerlikon to ensure safe working of tools necessary to complete job.
- Have knowledge and understanding of Oerlikon 5s program, visual management and help make sure aisle ways, work areas and storage areas are clearly identified.
- Participate in inventory taking, ordering or purchasing standard stock items such as recommending additions or delations to standard stock items or ordering replenishments within established procedures and limits.
- Must conform to current health, environmental, and safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Leads/Supervisor/Management.
- Commits to the corporate core values, goals, mission and vision.
- High School graduate or GED or equivalent experience.
- One year of shipping/receiving experience or any equivalent combination of experience.
- Knowledge of record keeping practices.
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Good dexterity, attention to fine details, and depth perception to enable detail hand coordination.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, hand eye coordination and the ability to adjust focus.
- Communicate clearly with co-workers and supervisors as to what materials the operators need to get their task complete.
- Computer skills to include basic understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheets and Access database to complete end of day reports.
- Ability to stop at all work stations to drop of materials and pick up emplty containers without getting distracted from job responsibilities.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work overtime when required.
- Must be self-motivated and can work on your own with little supervision during down time and working on 5s tasks and improvement.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Friction Systems enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Friction Systems serves industries such as automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon.
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Friction Systems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Friction Systems to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Friction Systems is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.