Market Segment Manager (m/f/d) Plastic Processing and Aluminium Die Casting
We are looking for a Market Segment Manager (m/f/d) for our Plastic Processing and Aluminium Die Casting Segment within our Business Line Forming Tools. You will be a member of the global Forming Tools Management team and report to the Business Line Head Forming Tools. In this position you will be responsible for developing and implementing the marketing strategy and product portfolio for the plastic processing and Aluminium die casting market. You will identify the market trends and accumulate and evaluate all market intelligence information necessary to expand our customer base and product portfolio.
- Implementing the segment strategy for our product portfolio to establish a sustainable competitive advantage in the market
- Leading specific Global/ Key Accounts within the area of plastic processing and/ or aluminium die casting
- Identifying market opportunities including organic growth and acquisitions. Ensuring entire organization is coordinated in the approach
- Understand market needs and transferring them to the organization (monitor industry technology trends and needs; define corresponding development initiatives). Leading product innovation teams
- Pro-actively recommend changes in our product portfolio based on markt segment needs
- Monitoring markt segment sales and profitability on a frequent basis and quickly react to plan deviations
- Developing Market Fact Base (divide market potential by customer / prospects, steer organization towards potential)
- Identifying key opinion leaders in the markt segment for coating solutions and ensure appropriate and regular communication
- Developing effective promotional strategies to optimize market share and profitability
- Developing and driving Market Communications (developing value stories, leading promotional activities like technical papers, conferences, articles, events, seminars, newsletter, etc.)
- Support Oerlikon Service Solutions long term technology vision by identifying key technologies and products
- University degree in natural science, engineering like plastic engineering or economics
- At least 7 years of experiences in business and marketing strategy development in a multinational company in a technical environment
- Strong knowledge and existing network in the plastic processing industry
- Very strong project management competence in managing complex projects in different locations and cultures
- Dedicated, convincing personality with the ability to establish effective working relationships with different personalities independent of formal structures
- Very strong negotiation skills and excellent communication skills
- Strategic, analytical and conceptual strengths
- Self-driven, open and positive mind-set with experience in cross-culture business environment
- Flexible to substantial travel internationally
- Fluent in written and spoken English, other languages will be a plus
- A place among a workforce of motivated, creative, and technically well-trained people with a high degree of initiative
- Huge diversity of people and culture on the inside as well as on the outside (global spread of business through different industries)
- A market segment with a high growths potential
- Challenging position in which you can expose your ability to be a winner and with potential for a continued career development
This role is based in Balzers, Liechtenstein, however, any of our other sites are open for discussion.
Can you identify with this position and are you looking for a new challenge? Then we are eager to meet you! Please apply online.
Martin Huber, Talent Acquisition Manager / EMEA
Phone: +49 6142 6033 103
Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries. In 2019, Oerlikon generated CHF 2.6 billion in sales and invested more than CHF 120 million in R&D.
Oerlikon Balzers is one of the world’s leading suppliers of surface technologies that significantly improve the performance and durability of precision components as well as tools for the metal and plastics processing industries. Oerlikon Balzers operates a dynamically growing network of more than 100 coating centres in 35 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon. See:
#SustainableOerlikon, #Sustainability, #sustainabilityreporting