Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer (Metal Finishing)
Location: Huntersville, NC
Oerlikon AM is the newest business unit in Oerlikon’s Surface Solutions segment. Oerlikon AM is an end to end Additive Manufacturing solutions provider, with powder production, design and applications engineering, printing solutions, and post processing solutions including heat treatment and coatings. Oerlikon Additive Manufacturing has R&D Centers and Production Facilities in the US and EU.
The Manufacturing Engineer (Metal Finishing) is responsible for machining and finishing of additively manufactured parts in production. Working closely with other additive manufacturing engineers they support projects including quoting and execution. They are the primary technical point of contact for determining shop floor work instructions and job layouts for post printing subtractive processes to deliver parts to customer requirements. The candidate should have prior experience in fixture design and programming multi-axis machines across varying finishing methods. The candidate should be comfortable working in cross functional teams to support delivery of customer projects. The candidate should be comfortable supporting other post-printing areas such as powder removal and part cleaning.
- Bachelors level Engineering degree.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a high mix low volume precision CNC machining environment.
- Ability to read and program G-code
- CAD/CAM experience programming multi axis CNC machines
- Experience finishing titanium alloys, nickel alloys (718, Alloy-X, superalloys), cobalt alloys (H188, CoCr).
- Experience with multi-tasking machines such as mill-turn, turn-mill. EDM wire and sinker experience is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of GD&T. Comfortable working in Metric and Standard units
- Possess vast knowledge of part making processes from start to finish including secondary processes like blasting, tumbling, deburring, polishing.
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and enjoys problem solving. Have good communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Strive for continuous improvement, innovation and creativity.
- Understanding of multiple programming languages (Siemens, Fanuc, Heidenhain)
- Knowledge of secondary processing such as deburring, polishing etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail oriented
- Self-driven, open and positive mind set.
- Experience in international and cross-cultural business environment.
- English (business fluent) – other languages beneficial.
- Open to travel, if required, to customer locations, supplier locations.
- Must be authorized to work in US without requiring any sponsorship.