Manager, Planning & Scheduling
The Supply Chain Manager will be directly responsible for the management of Purchasing, Shipping & Receiving and Production Control including Planning, and warehousing. The Manager will be the in-house expert on ERP systems and lead the organization to increase efficiency through the use of the system. This position will be responsible for achieving performance to metric-based objectives for On-Time Delivery, Quality, Inventory availability/physical integrity/obsolescence, as well as cost reduction of raw materials and PPV.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for but not limited to the following job duties:
- Manage the department’s adherence to Standard Operating Procedures required to meet Oerlikon AM Medical compliance for product and practices.
- Provide analysis of product cost structure to identify areas for COGS improvement, and strategies for execution on those opportunities.
- Build and maintain appropriate department infrastructure and skill sets necessary to execute the primary responsibilities of the departments.
- Lead the organization in the utilization of the ERP system. Assist with implementation, execution and upgrade of ERP/MRP or other systems as required.
- Manage the Master Schedule function to plan customer orders and meet customer expectations for on-time-delivery, lead time and quality.
- Develop and manage department budgets, Purchasing activities, and Inventory levels to support production plans.
- Direct and manage the maintenance of Raw Material Inventory and Finished Goods Inventory to at least 98% count and valuation compliance.
- Partner with Operations to manage Physical Inventory activities.
- Partner with Inventory/Shipping & Receiving resources in maintaining neat and organized Raw Materials Inventory.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas such as Sales, Finance, Production or Quality Assurance.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and metrics
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison or evaluation of supply chain factors such as product cost or quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following qualifications, expertise and proficiency with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field of study; APICS certification a strong plus.
- At least 10 years’ previous experience managing materials sourcing, purchasing and logistics functions.
- Experience with the design and use of ERP/MRP systems is a must.
- Must have strong leadership, communication, continuous improvement, and organizational skills.
- Must have a high degree of integrity and predisposition for results.
- Must have the ability to multitask and work under aggressive deadlines.
- Must demonstrate analytical and quantitative thinking with problem solving skills.
- Must have experience developing and managing department budgets.
- Must be proficient with Outlook, Excel and other Microsoft products.