Location: Dayton, OH
Responsible for performing duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and preventive maintenance systems while supporting the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives.
- Must participate in annual training to update and document job related skills, including Core tool (SPC, MSA, APQP, CONTROL PLAN, & PFMEA) as applicable to the position.
- Follow job instructions, PMs, assist other maintenance personnel, and production personnel in troubleshooting, repair, modification of equipment, building, and grounds.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance tasks and services.
- Make suggestions and recommendations for the service needs of equipment.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Attend to any other job related duties that may arise in the course of their work.
- May be required to work another shift if a problem arises needing them to change shifts.
- Required to work scheduled overtime, as well as stay later to assist the next shift to help understand and/or repair broken down production equipment.
- Participate and assist in the implementation and progress of the Lean Manufacturing program, OEE, 5S, Visual management, and Continuous improvement.
- Teamwork within the department and in support of all other departments is an essential skill for the position.
- Must participate in annual training to update and continuously improve job related skills applicable to the position.
- Strong mechanical and electrical ability in equipment troubleshooting and repair.
- Strong knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Consistent and conscientious work habits with excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Capable of working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Communicate well with all coworkers and management.
- A self-starter that’s able to work with minimum of supervision.
- Must have computer skills.
- Practice and comply with all company quality, environmental, and health policies and procedures.
- Works safely at all times.
- Cooperation and collaboration with all coworkers is expected or required.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Friction Systems enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Friction Systems serves industries such as automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Friction Systems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Friction Systems to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Friction Systems is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.