Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Oerlikon Metco (Canada) Inc. is seeking an experienced Logistics Manager who will be responsible for the management and execution of all required logistics activities for Canadian Logistics in Fort Saskatchewan and for assisting in global logistics tasks and/or projects which belong to the Global Metco Region.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency for the shipment of all finished goods;
- Act as company liaison with US and Canadian customs brokers and ensure accuracy of rates and customs tariff classifications;
- Create and maintain metrics, policies and procedures for all logistics activities;
- Manage shipping department and logistics personnel in roles and responsibilities regarding site and global logistics strategies;
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues;
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery;
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification and performance evaluation;
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios;
- Coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles;
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services;
- Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities, such as storage, distribution or transportation.
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent in logistics, foreign trade or economics;
- 10 years’ international trade experience managing import/export and compliance programs combined with 5 years supervisory/management experience;
- Proven success in the implementation of internal control systems;
- Strong network to authorities, associations, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office.
The successful candidate must be a team player with strong attention to detail and excellent organizational and time management skills combined with superior problem solving skills.
A competitive total rewards package.