Junior Data Scientist (F/M/D)
For our brand new Digital Hub in Munich we are looking for you: an enthusiastic Junior Data Scientist (F/M/D).
- Working on various projects covering applications from additive manufacturing through material science to future smart factory solutions
- Machine learning/big data in large-scale installations
- Predictive maintenance
- Critical process data interpretation at molecular level (industrial 3-D printing and surface treat- ment)
- Collaboration on projects on the application of statistical methods, multivariate analysis methods and data visualization, meeting requirements of various business units
- There is also time and space to explore own ideas
What would be some key daily tasks?
- Develop and execute statistical and mathematical solutions to business problems within business units/segments
- Design experiments to answer targeted questions
- Develop mathematical approaches to understand the company’s target markets and solve complex business problems such as optimizing product performance, revenue and adoption
- Use analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, culling actionable insights using advanced statistical techniques
- Apply predictive statistical models, customer profiling, segmentation analysis, survey design and analysis and data mining
- Prepare and present findings
- Collaborate with and receive support from our senior data scientists
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Data Science or related field
- Experience in big data/ data analytics, with a focus on the Hadoop Ecosystem (Hortonworks) and scale-out systems, statistics, data mining and machine learning as well as data visualization
- Practical experience in programming or scripting languages such as Python and Scala as well as knowledge of big data databases
- Knowledge of various programming languages and analytical tools
- English language is the standard language here and German a strong plus
We offer a highly collaborative, global environment as a technology leader in several key industries. The combination of a startup dynamic in an established, stock market listed corporation ensures exciting personal development programs and long term perspectives for our employees.