Position: Inspector Automotive
Location: Geneva, IL
Bi-Weekly Shift Model
**Three day weekends every other weekend**
Wk1: 7pm - 7am | Sun Wed Thursday
Wk2: 7pm – 630a | Mon Tue Fri Sat
Do you like to be on the cutting edge of innovation? If you’re motivated confident and looking to challenge yourself to be your best, then you’ve come to the right place! This is a role where you to showcase your skills inside and outside of the organization. You’ll work with a variety of customers to evaluate their needs and translate them into workable specifications and processes for your teammates. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring the final product is ready to meet our customer’s expectations before final shipping. This is accomplished by fixturing and de-fixturing batches, conducting inspection, and using quality checking devices to gather data and input this data into the quality control software. Come join a team where you’re treated like family, you can grow and learn strong core values from dedicated leaders focused on quality and excellence!
- That you will interact with customers and co-workers in a ‘customer-friendly’ manner
- Fixture/Defixture batches.
- Inspect and measure test pieces.
- Input data into Guardus software system.
- Communicate between Coating Technicians and Incoming/Outgoing personnel to ensure uninterrupted work flow.
- Maintain 5S in designated area
- You to receive and inspect customer product for processing
- You can establish product process sequences
- Your support in inspecting, packing and shipping finished products
- You to participate as member of the monthly ‘Quality Council’
- You believe work ethic is essential to be a successful contributor
- Your positive attitude will make an immediate impact contributing to a strong team
- You’re a natural with technology and computers from Microsoft to ordering platforms
- You’ve either worked with or have a high interest in learning about industrial cutting tools
- You’ve graduated High School and are eager to apply yourself
- You have a high attention to detail, nothing gets past you!
- Continuous improvement applies to both you and your work, change is natural for you
- You embrace any opportunity to cross-train and learn new skills
- Education: High School
- Experience: Manufacturing environment.
- Skills: Basic computer skills, and teamwork
- Physical: Lift 40lbs
- Mental: Maintain professional manner during stressful situations
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services. Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.