Title: Service Manager
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Looking for opportunities with a global, industry leader? Oerlikon Balzers is the leading global supplier of PVD coatings and other surface technologies that significantly improve the performance of precision components as well as metalworking and plastics processing tools.
- The Service Manager is responsible for repair and maintenance of all process related and building support equipment with main focus on Oerlikon Balzers PVD coating equipment. This includes performing advanced troubleshooting, diagnostics and calibration of coating vessels.
- The Service Manager will be responsible for providing training and support as well as completing special projects as directed.
- Will provide leadership and coordination of activities for all service technicians in the Rock Hill coating center.
- All service techs for this location will report to this position.
- Will provide advanced knowledge of automation systems thereby minimizing downtime and obtaining peak efficiency.
- Excellent electrical and mechanical knowledge required.
- Experience with automation systems required.
- Management or supervisory experience required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Responsible for the facilities and equipment operation of the coating center across all shifts.
- Responsible for the leadership and coordination of all service technicians making sure that all reliability goals are met.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- & More
We provide more than just competitive pay and benefits packages, Oerlikon provides growth opportunity, training and development and work life balance. Oerlikon is, above all, a company dedicated to quality and built on a strong foundation of innovation, excellence, long-term commitments and entrepreneurial spirit.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.