ICT System Administrator
We are a global high-tech engineering group on a successful growth path, and we need you to continue on our ambitious journey to extend our leadership role. This is an exciting time to enter in our IT infrastructure team based in Pune, Maharashtra India. We are looking for ICT System Administrator for Server Platforms to provide quality technical support to our internal users/customers.
- Responsible to investigate the effects of new software components and give recommendations regarding to the whole system.
- Evaluate hardware, operating standards, communication and universal software.
- Responsible to install, generate, edit, interact, test and share new operating, universal and standard software.
- Clarify and resolve faculty systems. Define and/or create system backup measures, checklist, change and problem management as well as regulations regarding backup and data backup.
- Enhance installation and transfer processes and ensure there is a system documentation and guidelines are followed.
- Assist, support and guide system developers and users regarding all the technical issues.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide & implement technically accurate solutions as per defined SLA.
- Create standard procedures, escalation procedures and rules for workflow in case of an extraordinary measures (recovery/restart). Lead through the reconstruction and recovery measures.
- Realize concepts for tuning up and performance tasks as well as for identification and remedying failure regarding to hardware, software and communication components.
- Support continuous improvement plans through feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT or related discipline
- 5~8 years of experience in Server platforms (Server Infra/Virtualization & Database) and should possess at least year of experience in handling global clients
- Excellent customer and service orientation approach to handle the technical problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Problem Solving and Analytical Approach
- Should posses high level of self-initiative attitude and drive to get things done within SLA.
- Must be able to willing to work in rotational shift environment (US/UK)
- Willing to travel internationally up to 10 percent as when required
- Must have experience in cloud technologies (AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner)
- MS SQL Database
- IBM Spectrum Protect Knowledge (Experienced on Backup Technology)
- Red hat certified system administrator preferred.
- MCSA 2012 OR newer, AWS RDS
Contact Person:- Preeti Lohat, Talent Acquisition
Oerlikon is a global technology group with a clear mission: to become the leading provider of surface solutions, advanced materials and materials processing.
Oerlikon (SIX: OERL) engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans.
Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions.
A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries. In 2019, Oerlikon generated CHF 2.6 billion in sales and invested more than CHF 120 million in R&D.