Position: Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Location: Plymouth, MI
An HSE Manager should with use extensive knowledge of federal, state, and local HSE regulations and demonstrate leadership, communication, and team building skills with the ability to interface with employees at all levels, outside contractors, vendors, insurance companies and regulatory agency representatives to ensure the safety and compliance of operations.
- Maintain compliance with HSE laws and regulations as well as Oerlikons policies.
- Generate corrective action plans using root cause analysis and mistake proofing techniques for workplace accidents, incidents, hazardous conditions and near misses.
- Proactively identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices to ensure Oerlikons “zero harm” policy.
- Facilitate development and deployment of applicable HSE programs.
- Ability to develop strategic plans for department activites, and be able to track progress towrds goals.
- Train, mentor and engage with employees in behavior based safety program elements.
- Chair safety committee meetings.
- Actively participate in the facility management team and be able to form and lead cross functional work groups to meet a variety of safety related goals.
- Provide HSE oversight and drive Management of Change for operations and facility related projects.
- Lead the development of ISO-14001 and OHSAS 18001 management systems.
7-10 years’ HSE experience in a manufacturing environment
Knowledge of Gas atomization powder production, or NFPA 652 and NFPA 484 a plus
- Have a good understanding of business operations (business acumen) including project management skills.
- Highly motivated and self-directed, with strong influencing and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively listen, coach and provide guidance to different levels of the organization.