Position Title: Heat Treatment Engineer, Additive Manufacturing
Location: Huntersville, North, Carolina
Oerlikon AM is the newest business unit in Oerlikon’s Surface Solutions segment. Oerlikon AM is an end to end Additive Manufacturing solutions provider, with powder production, design and applications engineering, printing solutions, and post processing solutions including heat treatment and coatings. Oerlikon Additive Manufacturing has R&D Centers and Production Facilities in the US and EU.
Heat Treat Engineer is responsible for heat treatment of additively manufactured parts in production line, implementing optimal heat treatment cycles and processes, overseeing the equipment, operational safety and maintenance with an understanding of customer and business needs. Understanding of aerospace industrial heat treatment processes, heat treating equipment (including atmosphere furnaces, vacuum furnaces, and HIP), standards, specifications and basic metallurgy metal alloys is essential for this position. This position will closely work with Engineering and Technology team to develop optimal heat treatment processes and controls.
- Master level engineering degree with 3+ years or Bachelor level Engineering degree with 5+ years of heat treatment experience in aerospace industries.
- Experience with taking technical ownership of the heat treatment process, developing and implementing the heat treatment process, and planning, scheduling and managing day-to-day heat treatment activities.
- Experience with furnace calibrations, temperature uniformity surveys and other relevant measurements to be aligned with customer and industry requirements.
- Experience with creating conformance reports and work packages.
- Working experience in NADCAP and AS 9100 facility and exposure to SAE AMS and ASTM standards.
- Ability to work with heat treatment furnace controllers, programming devices, data loggers and computers.
- Understanding of basic metallurgy of various metallic alloys and industrial gases.
- Understanding of working principles of various furnace heating, cooling, atmosphere, temperature measurement and their measurement and control techniques.
- Profession Certification in heat treatment from industrial/accredited body is an advantage.
- Able to liaise between engineering and technology, production operations, quality, safety and facilities.
- Supports supply chain manager in external sourcing of heat treatment services.
- Comfortable in a start-up environment and ability and willing to continuously learn.
- Ability to execute multiple concurrent projects.
- Self-driven, open and positive mind set.
- Experience in international and cross-cultural business environment.
- English (business fluent) – other languages beneficial.
- Open to travel, if required, to customer locations, supplier locations.
- Must be authorized to work in US without requiring any sponsorship.