Title: Head of Sales for Precision Components (PrC), Americas
Location: Schaumburg, IL
The Head of Sales for Precision Components (PrC), Americas, reporting to the President, North America, will be responsible for defining and supporting the PrC segment strategy in the Americas Region together with the Balzers Technology and Service Center (BTS) in Balzers, Liechtenstein. The Head of Sales for PrC Americas will be responsible for identifying and developing market opportunities within the Segment by analyzing market trends and managing his/her network of industry contacts to develop, market, and sell Balzers solutions.
He/she will also be responsible for leading a close collaborative and productive working relationship with the Territory Sales Managers (TAMs) and Product Managers in each country. Additionally, the Head of Sales for PrC, Americas will build productive external and internal working relationship throughout the Region as a result of his/her proficiency understanding and working within different cultural frameworks. The Head of Sales for PrC, Americas is also responsible for developing consultative partnerships with customers to understand their needs, sell Balzers’ solutions, and deliver on their requirements.
- Identify new industries with potential customers as well as penetrate existing industries within the PrC segment to grow Balzers’ products and services
- Negotiate and close sales opportunities in a timely manner by leveraging the entire sales organization while focusing on servicing the customer’s needs to develop profitable and long-term business relationships
- Lead the Sales Forecasts and CRM processes within the PrC Team
- Consistently develop and utilize strong competitive analysis and market data to drive segment growth – including deep analysis of segment sales development, coating equipment utilization, and customer purchasing trends
- Provide project leadership as necessary to facilitate the acquisition of business and successful delivery of Balzers’ products based on customer requirements
- Drive market segment development and product penetration using proven and widely accepted data analysis techniques and his/her experience
- Work within the company’s existing sales/ marketing structure to facilitate segment growth, communication and customer issue resolution as necessary
- Manage existing customer accounts as necessary as well as perform prospecting to drive the achievement of sales targets
- Define specific solutions for the PrC segment as well as market applications in collaboration with the production operations, production technology and R&D teams
- Build an effective team of expertly qualified PrC professionals and develop, in a structured manner, key PrC and sales talent for the future
- Provide direction and leadership in a manner which mirrors the Core Values of Oerlikon to achieve goals and objectives
- Develop a network within Balzers to facilitate formal and informal information sharing and cooperative relationships which encourage the success of the segment
- Promote regular sales planning, CRM management, and KPI management within the PrC segment
- Measure and control key KPIs related to Sales and the Balzers’ sales process
- Ensure high standards regarding customer service & satisfaction and product quality within the PrC segment
- Manage new projects as needed
- Monitor and optimize available sales resources to identify opportunities (or alternatives) which reduce costs without jeopardizing long-term business objectives or market share
- Organize and control programs (and their implementation) and analyze the results according to policy and trade rules which ensure a high level of sales and service.
- Collaborate globally, regionally, and in-country as needed to foster good working relationships and team-spirit towards the long-term success of the PrC segment in the Americas Region
- Travel throughout the Americas Region and globally as needed to promote sales excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Business degree or MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience managing a geographically dispersed sales team (or multi-site plant operation)
- 5+ years of experience developing segment/product/ market analysis, competitive intelligence, budgets, and sales forecasts
- Bi-lingual in any combination of the following languages in addition to English fluency: Spanish, Portuguese
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a senior management team construct to develop and manage strategic initiatives to achieve successful outcomes
- Excellent project planning, KPI (goal) management, and problem solving skills are required.
- A strong process orientation and customer service/ satisfaction mindset is also required.
- Superior oral, written, and electronic communication skills AND presentation skills are required
- Must have above average skills with business applications (e.g., CRM, data warehouses, etc.) including MS PowerPoint and Excel
- 50% travel domestically (overnight) and internationally is required.