Head of Sales AM - Materials
We are looking for a Head of Sales – Materials (m/f/d) for Additive Manufacturing (AM) based in Feldkirchen near Munich.
As Head of Sales AM - Materials (m/f/d) you are responsible for growing the AM metal powder sales on a global basis and assign budgets, customers, territories and manage the overall sales performance of the Materials sales team. This leadership position requires deep experience and, importantly, a strong, established and extensive network in the AM industry. As part of the AM Business Unit, you will report to the Global Head of Sales.
- Defining the global go-to-market strategy with the Sales Representatives and other Oerlikon AM departments
- Developing the sales budget on an annual basis, including supporting the development of the 5-year business plan
- Identifying sales and other individual targets for the Materials Sales Team in agreement with the Global Head of Sales and the Business Line Head of AM Materials
- Leading an international Sales Team
- Supporting the Sales Representatives by
- Coaching to identify potential OEMs, sub-system manufacturers and equipment manufacturers (Tier 2 and 3) as prospects
- Co-developing key account plans for customer
- Joining visits at major customers
- Preparing templates and coaching the Sales Team on bid responses
- Following the Delegation of Authority for pricing and supporting the Sales Team to secure best portfolio pricing
- Developing a Customer Account Plan – customers buying options, business drivers, decision making personnel and drivers, and identifying potential opportunities to differentiate
- Creating and presenting business cases to key customers
- Leading negotiations to win contract or engagement
- Co-ordinating execution of customer projects and ensuring continuous communication with and between key players in the customer and Oerlikon
- As a market specialist providing information exchange and trainings within Oerlikons AM organization
- Significant (10+ years’) experience in the metals or additive manufacturing industry, in either a technical or commercial role, preferably both
- Experience in Sales or Business Development to OEMs in the aerospace, power generation and/or medical industry as a direct supplier of materials
- Track record in managing a global team
- Experience of leading discussions with senior executives
- Strong strategic thinking
- Flexible to travel internationally
- Fluent in English; other languages would be beneficial
- Be part of a global technology company with a leading position in the AM market
- Become a leader in a rapidly growing industry that is revolutionizing manufacturing
- Be part of an agile, innovative and passionate team
- Accelerate your career in a growing business unit
- Join a global cross-cultural and collaborative workplace
Can you identify with this position and are you looking for a new challenge? Then we are eager to meet you! Please apply via our online tool. All applications will be treated as confidential.
Why Additive Manufacturing?
We see Additive Manufacturing as a game changer in many industries over the next years and our ambition is to become the leading integrated provider of materials, design expertise and production service for advanced metal AM components.
Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth, and expanding through targeted M&A. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in three Segments (Surface Solutions, Manmade Fibers and Drive Systems) and has a global footprint of around 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries. In 2017, Oerlikon generated CHF 2.8 billion in sales and invested CHF 107 million in R&D.