Head of Regional Talent Management (m/f/d) - Americas
You are more than just an expert in people matters – you will be the key point of contact for our business leaders and HR Operations teams across Americas, you will have your fingers in multiple honey pots all at the same time: Learning and Development; Career paths; Succession planning; Talent Attraction & Acquisition; Company culture; Employee engagement & experience; Digitalization initiatives. If you like what you are reading so far, check out the details and make a decision. Extraordinary people only. We will test for that too.
Reporting Line: Head Group Talent, Transformation & Engagement
Location: Schaumburg, Illinois
- Designing, developing and running of existing learning programs and other customized workshops across the region
- Accountable for the roll out of ad hoc and specific strategic projects (e.g. employee engagement surveys)
- Consult and support line managers and in partnership with local HR for “all” CoE matters
- Act as local expert and advisory for the Global TA team & local HR on market trends, TA hotspots, social media and employee branding opportunities
- Actively support local recruitment processes by offering additional experience to the acquisition of High Potentials
- Contribute to the strategic development of future programs such as graduate fast track, business school programs and relationships, new technology integration etc.
- Drive and facilitate in cooperation with the HR Operations team the talent calibration in the region and update the system for reporting purposes
- Establish/adapt global internal talent pools for sourcing and succession planning across business units
- Be accountable for and recognize cross segment job rotation opportunities for High Potentials
- At (least) Master’s Degree in Business Management, Talent Management, Organizational Behavior/Psychology or Leadership is preferred
- 5-7 years operational and strategic human resources experience especially in the area of building and leading learning and development programs, customizing these and/
or running people assessments gained in a highly regarded multinational, complex and matrix driven company
- Proven track record of building, maintaining and leading High Potential pools and pipelines, running talent calibration exercises, constructing Individual Development Plans
- Able to converse with (and challenge) senior leaders in business language and quickly grasp the expressed needs of the business and translate this into people needs
- Experience with high tech and innovative companies is preferred
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Fluency in English is required and other languages, especially German is nice to have
- Desire and readiness to travel 30-40% of your time
- Amazing medical benefits where the deductibles are low and the company pays majority of the premium
- Tons of voluntarily benefits to choose from
- We have great vacation and personal time off
- 401K with great company match
- Tuition Reimbursement for your love of learning
- Fitness center on site - complimentary
- Short and Long Term Disability paid by the company
- Free coffee and soft drinks
Interested? Please apply via our e-recruiting system:
Yvonne Cantarella, Recruiter
phone: +49 6142 6033 282
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.