Head of R&D Surface Solutions
As Head of R&D Surface Solutions you will oversee the variety of technologies regarding surface solutions and functions like PVD / CVD, Thermal Spray, Post- / Pretreatment) and lead an international team of managers and experts. This role requires leadership and responsibility for the Surface Solutions programs, facilities and team with regard to project management, performance management and people development.
- Develop the surface solution technologies and products / services with the team and improve performance and customer value / satisfaction
- Represent the Surface Solutions Team of R&D OSS internally and externally
- Define the Surface Solution R&D Strategy and Execution
- Constantly improve procedures and process in the development area of Surface Solutions incl. documentation and empower innovation culture
- Strengthen IPR (state of the art) and oversee the IP landscape for Surface Solutions
- Acknowledged from internal stakeholders, external reputation for solutions (e.g. customers) and scientific community
- Responsible for people (direct reports, cost and timelines of projects)
- Lead the Surface Solution Team and support the establishment and stabilization of an OSS R&D Org structure
- Strong collaboration with entire R&D organization and close exchange with the interfaces to CCO and COO organization
- University Degree, Engineering (or equivalent) MSc or PhD
- Min of 10 years’ experience in the field of Surface Solutions
- Ideally in the area of Development, Engineering or Technical Sales
- Advanced Management and Leadership Skills
- Experience in leading an international team of experts
- Expert skills in the area of Surface Solutions
- Good understanding of the market and customer needs
- Very strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to master multi complex tasks and objectives
- Ability to develop high credibility with various departments
- Strong in building effective teams and drives for results
- A place among an international workforce of motivated, creative, and well-trained people with a high degree of initiative
- Challenging position with potential for future development
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- The professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes you achievements
If you are an ambitious professional looking to increase and demonstrate your experience and seek exposure to senior management and business stakeholders, we look forward to receiving your online application!
Global HR Business Partner AM
Phone: +49 151 2754 0083
Oerlikon is a global technology and engineering group with a clear mission: to become the leading provider of surface solutions, advanced materials and materials processing.
Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers. We belong to the world’s leading suppliers of surface technologies that significantly improve the performance and durability of precision components as well as tools for the metal and plastics processing industries. Oerlikon Balzers operates a dynamically growing network of more than 100 coating centres in 35 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia.
Our clear vision is to give products improved and more desirable functions. We help cars and airplanes use less fuel, make tools last longer, and improve the manufacture of textiles. Our technologies enable manufacturers to do things they simply could not do before and advance industrial innovation.
We offer one of the most comprehensive portfolios of surface technologies. Together with customers, Oerlikon develops customized solutions for multiple industries - from the coating of large components to high-precision tools. Customers can choose from a standard portfolio or order customized materials and surface solutions for their specific applications.