Position: Head of Quality & HSE, Americas
Location: Lake Orion, MI
The Head of Quality & HSE, Americas, Americas will be responsible for leading a Quality & HSE team of professionals to manage all process improvement, environmental, health and safety topics in North America as they relate to production and business processes. This position will lead key initiatives within North America and assure they align with Global and Regional (Americas) expectations / requirements. The Head of Quality and HSE Americas will be expected to collaborate with his/her counterparts internationally as required to facilitate team work, knowledge sharing, drive best practices and standardization into the organization. The Head of Quality and HSE will also have responsibility for leading and driving the implementation of company-wide quality, process improvement, health and safety plans in all locations in the Americas with respect to all site specific and project specific plans, audits and in-house training/education. The position will also lead special projects as directed.
- Lead end-to-end business process activities such as creating, controlling and improving business processes.
- Leading process design and project implementation teams in process improvement activities as well as diagnosing process improvement opportunities and developing solutions using principles of process excellence and related tools.
- Be responsible for quality reporting, analysis and audits and for developing plans and programs to support continuous quality improvement using applicable tools.
- Assist Responsible in the creation, implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement of the Quality Management System (QMS) as well as direct design, facilitate / train and evaluate QMS incentive programs while overseeing quality improvement projects and teams.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of Process Controls in coordination with Oerlikon Balzers’ corporate headquarters and operations.
- Maintain Production Standards and Best Practices as directed by Oerlikon Balzers’ corporate headquarters.
- Investigate new trends in Quality related technologies for process / continuous improvement. Development, implementation, maintenance and continual improvements for business and production processes.
- Direction of Quality Management System Support and direct other SPC’s as determined by the Senior Management Team.
- Leads implementation preventive, corrective and robust actions related to complaints (internal, and customer); Driver EH&S / Risk Control topics for implementation within North America.
- The head of Quality and HSE, Americas will be responsible for directly managing the Quality Manager, EH&S Manager and Process Improvement Specialists as directed within each country.
- Bachelor’s degree in Production or Process Engineering (equivalent work experience may substitute).
- Industry certifications are strongly preferred (e.g., Project Management, Quality, Six Sigma).
- Must have 5 years of experience managing business excellence teams and/or leading international project teams.
- Must have 10 years of experience in relevant production/manufacturing environment.
- Must have 10 years of experience leading process management initiatives, ISO/TS QMS audit and EH&S / risk control topics.
- Must have 5 years business in process redesign experience as well as quality / complaint management efforts at the national level.
- Must have a strong proficiency using MS Office Suite, specifically MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be a team player with strong customer orientation, negotiation and leadership skills are a must.
- Travel may be required up to 75%, both domestic and international.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.