Head of IP global (m/w/d)
For our Business Unit Oerlikon Manmade Fibers we are looking for a Head of IP global (m/f/d) with a department management function for the IP management in Remscheid.
- Definition and implementation of the IP portfolio strategy including new business models (digital products)
- Interface between Business Development, R&D, Customer Services
- Company internal contact person for all intellectual property issues
- Protection of the global patent portfolio
- Support of the entire process chain from an IP legal perspective based on the business strategy
- Management of the global patent department of the segment with employees in Germany & China
- Patent attorney or comparable qualification
- Industry experience in product development, product management and/or business development and patent management
- Very good communication skills
- Several years of professional experience in the patent business, preferably in a leading position in mechanical engineering
- Analytical thinking and sound technical understanding
- Independent and autonomous working style
- Fluent language skills in German and English
- Innovative work environment with market-leading high tech products
- Inter-divisional cooperation in multidisciplinary expert teams
- Family atmosphere and appreciative corporate culture
- Canteen/cafeteria and sports groups; company physician at the site
- and last but not least a challenging professional task!
Oerlikon (SIX: OERL) develops modern materials, systems and surface technologies and provides specialized services aimed at securing high-performance products and systems with long lifespans for customers. Supported by its technological core competencies and its strong financial footing, the corporation continues its medium-term growth plan by implementing three strategic factors: focusing on attractive growth markets, ensuring structural growth and expanding through targeted M&A activities. Oerlikon is a globally-leading technology and engineering corporation, operating its business in two segments (Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers) and employing around 10,500 members of staff at 175 sites in 37 countries worldwide. In 2018, Oerlikon generated sales of CHF 2.6 billion and invested around CHF 120 million in research & development.
About Oerlikon Segment Manmade Fibers
With its Oerlikon Barmag, Oerlikon Neumag and Oerlikon Nonwoven brands, Oerlikon Manmade Fibers segment is the world market leader for manmade fiber filament spinning systems, texturing machines, BCF systems, staple fiber systems, solutions for the production of nonwovens and – as a service provider – offers engineering solutions for the entire textile value added chain. As a future oriented company, the research and development at this division of the Oerlikon Group is driven by energy-efficiency and sustainable technologies (e-save). With the supply of continuous polycondensation and extrusion systems and their key components, the company caters to the entire process – from the monomer all the way through to the textured yarn. The product portfolio is rounded off by automation and industry 4.0 solutions. The primary markets for the products of Oerlikon Barmag are in Asia, especially in China, India and Turkey, and – for those of Oerlikon Neumag and Oerlikon Nonwoven – in the USA, Asia, Turkey and Europe. Worldwide, the segment – with just under 3,000 employees – has a presence in 120 countries of production, sales and distribution and service organizations. At the R&D centers in Remscheid, Neumünster (Germany) and Suzhou (China), highly-qualified engineers, technologists and technicians develop innovative and technologically-leading products for tomorrow’s world.