Hardware Process Engineer (m/f) Digitalisation
- Identify, customize, and test proper sensing technologies for application in thermal spray processes.
- Run projects involving different Optical, Acoustic, IR, NIR, Laser, Photonic, and other condition monitoring sensors including analog and microprocessor-based signal conditioning that interface to various sensors.
- Perform necessary signal processing and filtering tasks.
- Responsible for sensor integration development, including mechanical, electrical and software aspects of design using support staff.
- Write and execute test plans to demonstrate design suitability.
- Ability or aptitude to work with embedded processors, ARMs, and other signal processing hardware.
- Demonstrated capability in communication bus architectures (e.g., Profinet, Profibus, RS232, RS485, etc.), microcontrollers, microprocessors, FPGAs, and ARM processors.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new Sensing and Signal processing technologies and learn quickly.
- Working with related device and technology suppliers to understand their products and roadmaps and how they influence our designs
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical, Electromechanical or Computer engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the above-mentioned areas.
- Experience with LabVIEW, Matlab, computer programming (C/C++, Python), and embedded software is a strong plus.
- Basic understanding of data communication security and ability to work within a security framework provided by IT.
- Understanding of Agile SCRUM methodologies is a plus.
- Good verbal and written English communication skill (German is a plus).
- A challenging position with potential for future development
- Ability to learn and to exercise individual initiative
- A variety of career opportunities within our successful international industrial corporation