Location: Mequon, Wisconsin
Team Lead Position Overview: The general management of direct reports, providing task instructions, coordinating workflow, keeping attendance, calculating and reporting of key performance indicators. Record keeping in order to produce reports that will be used to review team performance. Team Lead may be ask to perform additional responsibilities assigned by Management when needed.
• Manage a team of up to 18 direct reports.
• Establish goals to drive team-wide results, determine what is important, clarify next steps and delegate effectively to meet expectations.
• Review existing operational processes and identify opportunities for improvements.
• Leads day to day acitivites in the department with a focus on improving Safety, OOE/OEE, Productivity, On Time Delivery, Quality and Employee Engagement.
• Leads daily start up shift meetings with staff to discuss daily work load, safety moments, and any departmental updates.
• Lead and communicate the HSE toolbox talk as well as KPI meetings with the team.
• Train, directs, assigns, instructs and assists Production employees and temporary workers in the department.
• Keep Production Supervisor informed of performance, process improvements, team member relations and unusual or anticipated problems.
• Holds employees accountable for performance results and behavior aligning with Oerlikon Core Values.
• Act as a liaison to resolve discrepancies and exceptions between cross functional departments including Quality, Maintenance and Engineering.
• Ensures that quality and safety standards are maintained and followed in the plant.
• Displays strong interpersonal skills and a positive and professional attitude.
• Ensure accurate production reporting (KPI Reporting), Inventory reporting and Cycle counts and daily attendance keeping.
• Check and promptly respond to emails, notify maintenance as needed for issues.
• Schedule and plan workflow per customer orders and staffing.
• Ensure work instructions are up to date.
• Discuss daily work schedules with supervisor and keep all communication channels open.
• Follow training instructions in time of emergency or as needed and acceptance of role during emergencies and Emergency Action Plan.
• Maintain employee’s training records.
• Performance Evaluations for direct reports.
• Onboarding Development Plan for temporary employee 30/60/90.
• When there is an absence in the department, need to fill in for the day.
Skills and Abilities:
• Lead by example
• Able to take charge
• Good communication skills
• Positive attitude
• Ability to delegate
• Ability to have a difficult conversation with employees under his/her direction
• Ability to separate friendship from work related matters
• Takes initiative
• Ability to make decisions based on company policies and not personal opinion
• Ability to accept and introduce change
• Good attendance
• Ability to maintain leader qualities under stressful situations
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum of 3 year work experience required, 2 year relevant experience preferred
• Possess excellent leadership and communication skills, have excellent team building skills and be able to effectively direct and train personnel
• Ensure a safe work environment
• Compliance and enforcement of Company Policies
• Supportive of Management and Company decisions
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal, written, spoken)
• Reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethic
• Demonstrate ability to work as team member (both as a leader and a member)
• Ability to work in a frequently changing team environment
• Ability to operate a computer system. Preferred intermediate with Microsoft Office experience
• Professional appearance and attitude
• Process superior organizational skills, maintain high attention to detail and a commitment to quality as well as accuracy for all record keeping
• Ability to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
• Notify Maintenance and production supervisor as needed for issues
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement --- eligible to you as of day 1 on the job! We have a generous time off package with personal time if you are sick and vacation time. We have 12 paid holidays per year. We offer an allowance for your safety shoes and safety glasses. We also offer a great 401(k) with a great company match!
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Friction Systems enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Friction Systems serves industries such as automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Friction Systems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Friction Systems to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Friction Systems is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.