Global Head of Sales (m/f/d) Oerlikon Metco Coating Services
As the Global Head of Sales (m/f/d) Oerlikon Metco Coating Services you are having a significant role in the Business Development and driving the global sales organization for Metco Coating Services (MCS). You will be responsible for developing and executing of the global sales strategy. Leading and developing the MCS Sales Team, an effective team of expertly qualified, top-notch sales professionals globally, in order to achieve our ambitious goals and objectives as well as to establish the Oerlikon Metco Coating Services as a market leader in coating services. You will report directly to the Global Head of Sales for Metco Aero & Energy.
- Defining and executing the global sales strategy to generate profitable top line growth and to deliver top line budget
- Driving global business development activities to open-up new market opportunities, to win new customers and to increase global market share
- Building and developing a high performing team; taking full leadership and people development responsibilities
- Taking key account management responsibility for MCS key accounts and driving key account management process
- Ensuring high standards regarding commercial negotiations, customer service & satisfaction and contract quality at all times
- Driving and guiding customer engagements and potential customer dispute resolutions
- Being fully responsible for the respective marketing & sales budget and defining and steering global marketing activities
- Acting as an integral part within the Metco Coating Services executive leader-ship team to develop and steer the global business (incl. strategy development), to liaise with local site managers and with global operations team
- Engaging in global M&A activities as well as in post-merger integration projects
- Providing relevant reports to Top Management
- Education in Mechanical, Industrial or Material Engineering; Business education (MBA, Dipl., BA) is an advantage
- 10+ years of experience in managing a cross-country sales team or multi-site machining plant operation for an OEM or Tier 1 supplier with coating background
- Experience in the coating service ndustry combined with a strong business acumen, ability to drive sales processes and commitment to relationship building with global customers
- Strong competency in consultative sales processes and solution selling; experience in the Automotive, Aerospace and Gas & Oil industry are beneficial
- Demonstrated success in building a strategy in a complex environment and implementation with a diverse international team
- Solid experience and motivation in developing diverse sales people of the organization into an effective team of top-notch sales professionals
- Ability to understand and interpret technical requirements
- Fluent in written and spoken English, German would be an asset, any other language beneficial
- Flexible to substantial travel internationally
- A place among a workforce of motivated, creative, and technically well-trained people with a high degree of initiative
- Huge diversity of people and culture on the inside as well as on the outside (global spread of business through different industries like Aerospace, Power and Automotive)
- Challenging position in which you can expose your ability to be a winner and with potential for a continued career development
- A business environment which is sustainable, even after Covid 19 crisis
This role is based in Kelsterbach, next to Frankfurt am Main (Germany), however, any of our European sites are open for discussion.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our online tool and we kindly ask you not to send your application via e-mail. All applications will be treated as confidential.
Phone: +49 6142 6033 103
Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries. In 2019, Oerlikon generated CHF 2.6 billion in sales and invested more than CHF 120 million in R&D.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials, services, specialized machining services and components. Operating a dynamically growing network of more than 40 sites in EMEA, Americas and Asia Pacific, Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.