Global Head of Operations (m/f/d) for Coating Services
We are looking for a Global Head of Operations (m/f/d) for Coating Services in the location Salzgitter or Langenfeld. In this new position you define and execute the strategy for global operations and establish best-in-class production systems by lean manufacturing and driving efficiency and profitability. You will cover the entire Metco Coating Services portfolio (Aerospace, Energy, Oil & Gas and General Industry) and report to the Head of Business Line Coating Services.
- You define and execute the manufacturing strategy for global operations incl. global footprint and technology road map for Coating Services sites worldwide
- You guarantee state-of-the-art production systems and technologies for surface technologies / manufactured components and applications (e.g. thermal spray, laser cladding etc.)
- By generating cost / capital effective allocation of operations related CAPEX and realization of cross-site synergies you set up lean processes and establish a lean manufacturing and operational excellence culture on a global level
- The set-up and roll-out of best-in-class production and ERP systems across the locations is also your responsibility
- You manage a global health, safety and quality system
- Industrialization and qualification of new coating applications and global roll-out of applications to the sites (incl. know-how and technology transfer)
- You establish and execute a global operations training and development program in cooperation with Oerlikon Operational Excellence
- University or related degree in Manufacturing Technology, Engineering or related discipline
- You have at least 15 years of professional operations experience within international operations, lean management, continuous improvement, quality and HSE
- Proven track-record in either surface technology industry or exposure to key industries like aerospace or automotive incl. relevant qualifications (e.g. AS9100, NADCAP, etc.)
- You demonstrated success with building a lean manufacturing strategy on a global level and delivering efficiency and productivity in a complex environment and implementation with a diverse international team
- You have strong strategic and analytical skills combined with entrepreneurial thinking and strong communication and conflict management skills
- Ability to manage key interfaces, with people at all levels throughout the organization
- You have a self-driven and independent working style driven by clear targets, guidance and support
- Ability to travel internationally up to 80%
- Fluent in written and spoken English and German is a must, other languages will be a plus
- Challenging global position with potential for future development and
- A competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package
- The professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements
Can you identify with this position and are you looking for a new challenge? Then we are eager to meet you! Please apply online via our e-Recruiting system.
If you have any questions, please contact
+ 49 (0) 6142 6033 282
Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 10 500 employees at 175 locations in 37 countries. In 2018, Oerlikon generated CHF 2.6 billion in sales and invested around CHF 120 million in R&D.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials, services, specialized machining services and components. Operating a dynamically growing network of more than 40 sites in EMEA, Americas and Asia Pacific, Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.