General Manager / Geschäftsführer (m/f/d) for Coating Service Center
As the General Manager (m/f/d) of our Coating Service Center in Langenfeld you are taking full commercial, operational and legal responsibility for this legal entity. You will be responsible for developing and leading a local high performance team. As well as developing a competitive strategy for driving sustainable and profitable growth, in order to achieve our ambitious goals and objectives to establish the business line Oerlikon Metco Coating Services (MCS) as a market leader in coating services. You will be part of the global MCS executive leadership team and report directly into the Head of the Business Line Metco Coating Services.
- Taking full General Management responsibility (full P&L responsibility) of the entity including support functions such as Finance, IT and HR etc.
- Developing and executing the site specific business plan / budget including cash and asset management
- Controlling and reporting of the financial and non-financial key performance indicators
- Leading operations and driving continuous improvement to increase competitiveness
- Driving key customer relationships in collaboration with our global / regional sales team
- Ensuring and driving best-in-class quality and customer satisfaction
- Taking full leadership and people development responsibility to build a local high performing team
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory and company related regulations such as tax, statutory, health and safety, environmental
- Developing and implementing the local market strategy in accordance with the global business line strategy
- Collaborate actively with colleagues in other locations and headquarters; exploiting market potential in the interest of the company
- University degree in mechanical engineering or natural/material sciences combined with further education in business administration
- Technical background in surface technologies (e.g. thermal spray) is a plus
- Industrial background in targeted markets (e.g. Power, Aerospace, General Industry, Automotive, etc.) a/o
- Several years’ experience in managing a profit center with profit and loss responsibility in the mechanical industry
- Proven track record in developing and executing business strategies focusing on growth and profitability
- Experience in manufacturing processes (incl. shop floor experience), lean management, work flow optimization, continuous improvement
- Strong entrepreneurial and goal-oriented approach driven by efficiency
- Highly experienced in managing customer relations
- Very good communication and negotiation skills
- Open and positive mindset with experience in international and cross-cultural business environment
- Excellent knowledge of German and English language
- A place among a workforce of motivated, creative, and technically well-trained people with a high degree of initiative
- Huge diversity of people and culture on the inside as well as on the outside (global spread of business through different industries like Aerospace, Power and Automotive)
- Challenging position in which you can expose your ability to be a winner and with potential for a continued career development
This role is based in Langenfeld, next to Düsseldorf.
Can you identify with this position and are you looking for a new challenge? Then we are eager to meet you! Please apply online.
Martin Huber, Talent Acquisition Manager / EMEA
Phone: +49 6142 6033 103
Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries. In 2019, Oerlikon generated CHF 2.6 billion in sales and invested more than CHF 120 million in R&D.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials, services, specialized machining services and components. Operating a dynamically growing network of more than 40 sites in EMEA, Americas and Asia Pacific, Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.