Field Service Technician - Amherst, NY
Hours: Monday through Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm (*Overtime and alternate shifts as needed)
Individual will move, install, qualify and upgrade Oerlikon Balzers Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) coating vessels, Pulsed Plasma Diffusion (PPD) systems, and all support systems (pretreatment, cleaning, post treatment) at end users sites. Perform advanced troubleshooting, diagnostics and calibration of vessels to effectively support operations
- Americas travel (USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina) activity from 50% to 60% of the work time.
- Occasional emergency service calls
- Move, install, qualify and upgrade Oerlikon Balzers Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) coating vessels, Pulsed Plasma Diffusion (PPD) systems, and all support systems (pretreatment, cleaning, post treatment) at end users sites
- Perform advanced troubleshooting, diagnostics and calibration of Oerlikon Balzers vessels and support equipmentTrack and report equipment service and performance using reporting processes in Word, Excel, Navision, and Adobe.
- Provide support to customers via telephone and computer to customers when in the office
- Adhere to and enforce maintenance practices for coating equipment per Oerlikon Balzers Standards
- Ensure good and open communication with Oerlikon Balzers Technical and Service Center (BTS)
- Adhere to Oerlikon group Safety Rules.
- Keep a clean, well-organized work area, including power alleys, support systems and equipment
- Provide training for coating technicians in areas such as load building, batch-to-batch exchanges, and 80 batch maintenance
- Exhibits a sense of urgency in their daily activities when the equipment within their facility is not capable of running production
- Provide support to Inventory Control department
- Answer technical questions for customers.
- Assist with training of new service technicians
- Maintain accurate business related travel expenses
- Repair components for coating vessels
- 2 year degree (AA) and/or relevant industry certification in an electro-mechanical discipline. Equivalent experience may be substitute.
- 2+ years’ experience working with HVAC, vacuum technology, automotive, and/or industrial equipment repair
- Experience interpreting various mechanical and electrical schematics along with the ability to troubleshoot equipment using schematics
- Must be detailed-oriented with a strong work-ethic and a possess a sense of urgency to be successful
- Must be accessible 24 hours a day to respond to service emergencies which could lead to equipment failure/ downtime
MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, LIFE INSURANCE, AD&D, AND OTHER OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM
COMPANY PAYS FOR LIFE INSURANCE & AD&D INSURANCE
PAID TIME OFF