Expert Cutting Tools (m/f/d)
Do you enjoy working in the R&D area and translating customer needs into a new methodology which leads to a better performance?
In this role you drive the development of our PVD coatings for cutting tools applications by developing new cutting test methods which will be accepted by our customers. In addition, you manage internal and external projects with customers and universities.
Reporting Line: R&D Team Manager
Location: Balzers, Liechtenstein
- In this role you are part of our product development team for Industrial Solutions, focusing on cutting tools
- You are responsible for designing experiments to explore and develop new PVD coatings, and to understand the wear mechanism of tools
- Collaborating with R&D project managers, with Sales department and with customers
- You plan development, improvement, optimization, and correlation of the internal cutting tests used to assess the performance of new coatings and show the benefits to our customers
- Short- & long-term smart planning of the internal cutting tests in the most efficient way
- Providing technical support regarding cutting tools related subjects
- Applying cutting tests on the non-cutting-tools related applications, such as forming tools and precision components
- You have preferably a PhD in the general machining and ideally you have at least 7 years of work experience in the cutting tool industry
- This position is also open for PhD/Masters (at least master’s degree) graduates with R&D experience in cutting tools industry
- Strong hands-on experience in the development of numerous cutting tests in both research and industrial environments
- In depth knowledge of cutting processes, cutting tools, work piece materials, wear mechanisms and their root causes
- Thanks to your strong communication skills you can transfer your knowledge to different management levels with different background
- You gained experience in project management and project planning in the industrial environment
- You are a quick learner, have an independent and pro-active working style and you are an excellent team-player
- Ability to travel globally up to 20%
- Fluent in written and spoken English is a must, at least German business proficiency
- Challenging global environment with a well-equipped cutting lab with state-of-the-art technology where you can bring in your expertise, your ideas, and your drive to further develop our coatings
- Potential for future development
- A competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package
- The professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements
Can you identify with this position and are you looking for a new challenge? Then we are looking forward to meeting you! Please apply online.
If you have any questions, please contact
Talent Acquisition Specialist
+ 49 (0) 6142 6033 282
Oerlikon Balzers is one of the world’s leading suppliers of surface technologies that significantly improve the performance and durability of precision components as well as tools for the metal and plastics processing industries.
Oerlikon Balzers operates a dynamically growing network of more than 110 coating centres in 36 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia. Oerlikon Balzers is – together with Oerlikon Metco and Oerlikon AM – part of the Surface Solutions Segment of the Switzerland-based Oerlikon Group.*CA