Position: Engineering Manager
The Engineering Manager will drive/manage efforts geared towards reducing cycle times and operating cost while increasing product yield and overall production through-put. Working through staff and manufacturing personnel the Engineering Manager will drive process improvements throughout the Oerlikon Troy’s operations as well as identifying and supporting the implementation of new technology. The Engineering Manager will ensure all processes are properly documented within SAP and that Master Data is maintained accurately. Regular review of process confirmations will drive the basis to ensure SAP is aligned with floor operations.The Engineering Manager will conducts or delegate root cause analysis of product variability and non-conformance. Once identified the Engineering Manager will lead or delegate corrective and preventive actions to eliminate recurrence.The Engineering Manager will serve as a technical resource for supervisors and process operators. In this capacity the Engineering Manager will spend a considerable amount of time ensuring all processes are well documented as well as one-on-one with the co-worker training as needed.
- Drive cost reductions throughout the Troy production unit through improved process yields as well as reduced operating costs and processing times.
- Examining the root cause(s) of product variability and non-conformance, administering corrective and preventive action programs to eliminate recurrence. These actions may include SPC, co-worker training, technical supervision, alternative analytical techniques, and the modification of manufacturing practices / documentation. Likewise the Engineering Manager leads the manufacturing group in the development and documentation of optimum process parameters
- Leading ongoing process improvement programs and the implementation of new technology at Troy. When such programs involve collaboration with an outside entity, the Engineering Manager shall serve as the principal Troy contact.
- The Engineering Manager will serve as a technical resource for Supervisors and process operators at Troy. In this capacity, the Engineering Manager will spend a considerable amount time one-on-one with the co-worker explaining complex ideas . It will be necessary for the Manager to gauge the co-worker’s level of understanding, provide necessary background, and communicate the concept in understandable terms. The use of schematics, drawings, and graphs is particularly useful for this purpose. The Engineering Manager will document these activities with-in co-worker’s, individual or group training logs.
- A degree in Material Science/Engineering with process improvement experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- 5 years’ experience leading a team
- Familiarity with chemical formulation and foundry processes
- Knowledge of SAP
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, with strong computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and drive for results
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Must be a self-starter with exceptional drive and determination
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.