Engineer - PLC
- PLC Software development/ maintenance for coater families on Gen 4 technology (BAI1200WIN, NDC etc)
- PLC Software development/ maintenance for coater families on Gen 3 technology (INNOVA, RCS, INNOVENTA etc.)
- Level 3 software support and consultation to global SPCs
- Implementation of PLC software modules
- Testing the software using simulation enviornment
- Extension of the simulation system
- Commissioning and testing of the software on the systems
- Participation in innovation projects and LCM tasks
- Clarify the requirements and create the specifications
- Development of implementation variants and coordination with the client
- Creation of software documentation and coding guidelines
- Maintenance of the BISW-internal software archive
- Perform code reviews
Advice and support
- Training and supervision of new employees
- Cordination & supervision of external partners
- Ensure that Balzers standards are met
- Provide 3rd level support
- Consulting and support for other departments
- Continuously develop technology knowledge and train internally in teams
- Participation in the maintenance of parts list (Windchill / SAP)
Required education, experience, knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree or above, majored in Software engineering or Electronics & Telecommunication
- Minimum 5-6 years software development experience in the field of industrial automation or machine building.
- Basic Mechatronic knowledge essential. Experience in Vacuum technology will be added advantage.
- Knowledge & experience in SCL programming on Siemens PLC systems is an advantage
Required skills & expertise
- Good knowledge of latest Siemens controls like Microbox, S7-1500 software controller etc.
- Good knowledge of the development environments like Step7, TIA and Simit.
- Experience LD, FBD, STL on Siemens PLC systems majorly and any other PLC systems
- Good analytical and probem solving techniques
- Good assertiveness and team oriented
- Good communication and command of spoken and written English language
Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Balzers is one of the world’s leading suppliers of surface technologies that significantly improve the performance and durability of precision components as well as tools for the metal and plastics processing industries. Oerlikon Balzers operates a dynamically growing network of more than 100 coating centres in 35 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon.