The Electrical Field Service Engineer will provide our customers with onsite and remote troubleshooting support and training for all Oerlikon Man-Made Fiber machinery. The engineer will also provide plant-site electrical and software installation supervision and commissioning of new machinery.
- Provide customer support to existing machinery, traveling on-site as necessary
- Coordinate new machine project work and machine upgrades among customers, Oerlikon Services Sales department, and parent company in Germany
- Provide Hardware and Software support for installations and troubleshooting of industrial electronics (VFD, PLC, HMI, PCs, etc.)
- Work with 3-Phase high voltage (480 VAC) as well as low voltage (24Vdc) systems
- Read and comprehend electrical schematics of Oerlikon Man-Made Fiber machinery for installation and troubleshooting purposes
- Communicate directly with customers both in the field and remotely
- Take ownership of assigned projects and tasks and see them through to completion
- Provide ongoing feedback to the General Manager on project status or customer support issues
- Provide weekly Time and Expense reports of previous week’s activities
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Integrity and Trust
- Action Oriented
- Cooperative Relationships
- Drive for Results
- BS degree in Electrical or Industrial Engineering from accredited school
- Strong electrical and software troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics
- Proficiency with PC and PLC architecture
- Ability to read and comprehend PLC software code a plus
- Experience with Siemens PLCs and Inverter drive systems a plus
- Must be highly self-motivated and a self-learner
- Must be able to communicate effectively and at different levels with both internal and external parties, including consultants, contractors, customers, and employees
- Must be able to manage multiple projects or customer issues simultaneously
- Computer and networking skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong self-confidence and excellent time management
An employee experience tthat begins with the interview process proceeds with virtual and on site interviews, onboarding, on the job training and frequent interactions with the Field Service Leader and colleagues that provide employees with the tools they need to succeed. The OTI team will take part in onboarding and assigning a mentor to help you navigate a new organization.
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan T
- Welnness Program
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insuarnce and Diability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Benefit Advocates
- 401k Plan 12 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off T
- elecommute Flexibility
- Recognition Programs
- Local Bonus Program
- Auto Allowance
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Manmade Fibers with the product brands Oerlikon Barmag and Oerlikon Neumag is the world market leader for filament spinning systems used for manufacturing manmade fibers, texturing machines, BCF systems, staple fiber spinning systems and artificial turf systems and – as an engineering services provider – offers solutions along the entire textile value added chain. As a future oriented company, the Oerlikon Group segment’s research and development is driven by energy-efficiency and sustainable technologies. With the expansion of the product range to include polycondensation systems and their key components, the company now caters to the entire process – from the monomer all the way through to the textured yarn.
The primary Oerlikon Barmag markets are in Asia, with Oerlikon Neumag’s main markets in the US, Turkey and China. Correspondingly, the companies – with almost 2500 employees – have a worldwide presence in 120 countries as part of the Oerlikon Manmade Fibers network of production, sales and distribution and service organizations. At the R&D centers in Remscheid, Neumünster and Chemnitz, highly-qualified engineers and technicians develop innovative and technologically-leading products for tomorrow’s world.
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - please send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Manmade Fibers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Manmade Fibers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Manmade Fibers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.