We at Oerlikon Metco develop and offer our customers, market leading surface and material solutions and technologies for a wide range of industries and applications. But we are even more: Oerlikon Metco is part of the Oerlikon Group, with strong roots in Switzerland and a worldwide network of subsidiaries - a truly global powerhouse of industrial innovation.
Location: Wohlen, Switzerland
Your main purpose in this role, is the establishment and rolling out of the project controls and earned value Management approach, across the equipment organization and different manufacturing sites. You will be a member of the Project Execution Team, and shall assist the Project Managers with program governance, oversight, and reporting. You maintain project baseline integrity, providing comprehensive variance analysis, appropriating levels of management and making Project Managers aware of actual, or potential problems, and providing guidance on determining the earned value variances for cost control, resource management, and scheduling.
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate existing project control processes and perform fact base analysis of their effectiveness;
- Establish project planning methodology for project execution including but limited to following key aspects:
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS);
- Scheduling (CPM methodology); and
- Cost control.
- Provide project controls oversight of project deliverables in efforts that include planning, analysis, design, development, test and transition of systems, standards, compliance, and improvement support for systems in development;
- Track project milestones by monitoring schedule and evaluating task progress and recommending controls to ensure alignment with project plan;
- Analyze integrated master schedules and identifying and evaluating risk analysis;
- Work closely with Project Management, Operations and Assembly, Project (Systems & Fixtures) Engineering team and procurement to communicate status, and proper reporting of issues, resolution strategies and escalation as needed;
- Facilitate and participate in gate reviews to meet systems lifecycle requirements;
- Work closely with project stakeholders and document operational needs, functional requirements, and change requests;
- Assist in development and implementation of change control activities for validation of changes to existing requirements;
- Facilitate requirements capturing, tracking and analysis, elaborating work tasks, identifying milestones and work task relationships, in addition to status and progress reporting;
- Identify, evaluate and track risks as well as provide risk mitigation and contingency plans in coordination with project managers;
- Provide analysis and support to Project Managers and Head Of Project Execution for oversight, management and control of financial, cost, schedule and performance to meet contract requirements.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Engineering (Electrical/Electronic), Engineering (Mechanical) or equivalent;
- At least 10 years of working experience in the industrial machines manufacturing, including interfaces with Process / Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation Control Automation works related Projects;
- At least 5+ years of working and hand on experience in earned value management and project controls on multiple projects across complex interfaces;
- You are proficient in Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, BIM and related applications;
- You are able to read and interpret drawings, specs and other contractual documentation;
- You are proficient in producing graphical representation of the Progress Performance Data, including EVM;
- You are comfortable presenting to large audiences.
- You have a good command of German, English, and report writing. This will be an added advantage;
- Nice to have > Program Management Profession (PMP) certification;
- Nice to have > Earned Value Profession (EVP) certification;
- In this role you are part of a global team with state-of-the-art technologies
- A very welcoming, supportive and collaborative team spirit where you can fully bring in your EVM expertise
- A position with a high level of responsibility
- Attractive working conditions
- An open companyculture and modern office facilities based in Wohlen, a municipality in the district of Bremgarten in the Canton of Aargau in Switzerland
I look forward to meeting you and discussing the position together with you in detail!
Talent Acquisition Specialist EMEA
Tel.: +49 172 145 42 26
Use this unique opportunity to further your career and join us on a game changing journeyfor a Sustainable future. We love the challenge of pushing the boundaries of innovation to serve our planet and society. That is what we do...APPLY NOW!
Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials, services, specialized machining services and components. Operating a dynamically growing network of more than 40 sites in EMEA, Americas and Asia Pacific, Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon.