We at Oerlikon Metco develop and offer our customers, market leading surface and material solutions and technologies for a wide range of industries and applications. But we are even more: Oerlikon Metco is part of the Oerlikon Group, with strong roots in Switzerland and a worldwide network of subsidiaries - a truly global powerhouse of industrial innovation.
Location: Wohlen, Switzerland
Your mission in this planning and fulfilment function, is to support profitable growth by ensuring the accurate tactical planning of our demand and our operations activities, optimizing inventory and resource management, striving for the perfect fulfillment of customers’ orders. You achieve your mission by balancing and improving five metrics: customer on-time delivery, inventory, lead-time, forecast accuracy and resource optimization. You develop our demand plan with cross-functional inputs, for translation into the overall demand plan, achieving optimal customer satisfaction. You will work collaboratively with demand planners / manufacturing resource planning (MRP) controllers across different manufacturing sites within our equipment organization, sales, operations and assembly, procurement and project execution teams, to ensure directional alignment with global demand trends. You put together the concept of a Control Tower which combines people, processes and systems to fully integrate the various moving parts of the manufacturing and related supply chain, giving a full visibility of its operations in real time allowing for end to end supply chain insights as well as diagnostics and predictive analytics and to deliver its logistics maturity.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation, for multiple time horizons in working towards a better forecast accuracy with Sales.
- Creating and maintaining rolling 6-12 months unconstrained demand forecasts for assigned products, assembling and testing and analyzing all data pertinent to creating an unconstrained demand plan.
- Facilitating running the demand review meetings and supporting sales by providing guidance on global demand for specific products and assisting with consolidation of the global demand plan.
- Reviews historical sales & purchase trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results, taking into consideration of regular demand of the customers/products.
- Maintain optimum inventory levels and facilitate and provide necessary supply and demand needs on the order fulfilment.
- Prepare and forecasts long lead critical component based on project pipeline, backlog in conjunction with Sales and assigns placeholders in the planning calendar and accordingly coordinate with procurement to slot in the necessary procurement of this for on-time delivery of components and equipment for order fulfilment and on-time delivery to customers.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales assumptions. Interacts with sales and customer services to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Monitors manufacturing performance actively to adjust schedules in response to equipment failures (e.g., test bays etc.,) or supply shortages, resources crunch etc., and identify opportunities to make processes more efficient and cut down on production costs through more effective scheduling.
- Assist in risk assessment in planning forward looking and mitigation risk in ability to supply to customer.
- Schedule monthly forecast meetings with the sales and operations as required.
- Maintain demand planning processes and systems to improve forecasting accuracy.
- Schedule the production process and departmental activities relating to materials, resources, and floor space availability.
- Analyses resource utilization across different manufacturing sites in line with demand planning and forecasting and advises the management on workload capacity balancing opportunities.
- Participates in floor audits with finance controlling, project execution and project controls management team and resolves WIP issues. Audits WIP physical inventory issues. Attends production meetings and provides status on material shortage commit dates.
- Cautiously, keeps track of inventory and net working capital in the acceptable approved corridor as approved by finance from time to time, and or escalate the variance to management for resolution/ approvals if any.
- Our ideal candidate is a specialist planner in production control, inventory control, process control, and or shop floor control / Material Resources Planning (MRP) integrity.
- You possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field or hold a Diploma in Supply Chain/Business Management or equivalent.
- Preferably 3 years of experience in a planning function; Demand planning /Material planning /Production planning or equivalent. Experience in specialized industrial equipment manufacturing will be an added advantage.
- You are proficient in SAP systems.
- Strong knowledge of MRP Planning /Demand Planning techniques and inputs (e.g. Business trends, seasonality consumption patterns etc.,).
- A strong communicator, you are proficient (spoken and written) in both English & German languages.
- In this role you are part of a global team with state-of-the-art technologies
- A very welcoming, supportive and collaborative team spirit where you can fully bring in your EVM expertise
- A position with a high level of responsibility
- Attractive working conditions
- An open company culture and modern office facilities based in Wohlen, a municipality in the district of Bremgarten in the Canton of Aargau in Switzerland
Use this unique opportunity to further your career and join us on a game changing journey or a Sustainable future. We love the challenge of pushing the boundaries of innovation to serve our planet and society. That is what we do...APPLY NOW!
I look forward to meeting you and discussing the position together with you in detail!
Talent Acquisition Specialist EMEA
Tel.: +49 172 145 42 26
Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Balzers is one of the world’s leading suppliers of surface technologies that significantly improve the performance and durability of precision components as well as tools for the metal and plastics processing industries. Oerlikon Balzers operates a dynamically growing network of more than 100 coating centres in 35 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon.