Data Scientist (m/w/d)
The Oerlikon Digital Hub in Munich is the trailblazer and catalyst of digital transformation in Oerlikon. We design, advise and implement digital, innovative solutions for our company and customers. We are engineering the future, together with internal and external communities, by bringing new ways of thinking, next generation digital skills and strong ecosystem of partners and experts, to build the solutions of tomorrow. It’s the place to be for those who want to build the new digital world, within and around Oerlikon. We offer a highly collaborative, global environment as a technology leader in several key industries. What makes things even more interesting is the combination of a startup dynamic in an established, stock market listed corporation. This opens the door to exciting personal development programs and long term perspectives for our employees.
By joining our team, you can leave your footprints on our journey towards remaining the world leading competence in our areas of business. In collaboration with other Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Business Experts you shape our customer experience by further improving our products, services and communication through analytical insights.
- Employ advanced analytics and statistical methods to prepare and analyze data for predictive modeling
- Define KPIs and select analytical approaches and to drive business decisions at scale
- From prototypes to solutions in production; bring ideas to life
- Prepare reports and presentations for relevant stakeholders that will give insights for departmental as well as business wide decision making
- Ongoing maintenance of (statistical) models; monitoring, optimizing and extending of statistical models at scale
- Master degree in a quantitative field (econometrics, mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science or related subjects)
- Experience with established data manipulation and data science languages (SQL and Python / R)
- Strong Machine Learning background and familiarity with machine learning frameworks/math toolkits: Scikit-learn, NumPy, Pandas, etc.
- Familiar with big data processing concepts like MapReduce and tools like Spark (SparkML, pySpark)
- Experience with project management tools like GIT, Jira, Confluence
- Excellent communication skills with different business units in English, german is beneficial
- Opportunity to design the faces of our products
- Independent and versatile tasks
- Varied work area with high personal responsibility
- Social and progressive employment conditions
- A startup environment, with the opportunity to build the next chapter of our company
Are you ready for some new data and you want a place where you can let your creativity roll? Then we are a perfect match. You like working on projects and feel like a top talent who can gather all information and provide relevant insights? – we should have definitely a chat. And for any further questions, feel free to get in touch with me.
Phone: +49 6142 6033 281
Oerlikon innovations are the foundation of industrial solutions to some of the 21st century’s greatest challenges: from saving lives to saving the planet. Yes, we’re that ambitious.
Now imagine the caliber of performance we’re pursuing with our digital transformation roadmap. To achieve maximum impact, we’re establishing a Digital Hub in Munich. And we’re recruiting exceptional people to join the founding team. Top talents who can flex their entrepreneurial muscles and conquer complex mathematical and analytical challenges. Professionals who thrive in a start-up environment but appreciate access to decision makers in an established organization. Supercharged performers with original ideas and a clear vision of the future.
As a member of our team, you’ll make your mark on rapidly evolving technologies such as materials science and additive manufacturing. On sectors as diverse as aviation, automotive, medicine, energy, and manufacturing. And on a visionary company that wants to integrate your vision into its future.