Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Oerlikon Metco (Canada) Inc. is seeking a Controller to join our team in Fort Saskatchewan. This position is responsible for ensuring financial planning, monitoring and reporting functions occur effectively and confirm to applicable policies and procedures.
- Ensure financial information adheres to GAAP and to corporate policies and procedures;
- Assist in completion of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting packages;
- Assist in reconciliation and analysis of all general ledger accounts;
- Assist in forecasting and budgeting;
- Assit with year end audit process;
- Inventory analysis;
- Work with production planners on process order costing and variance analysis;
- SAP master data analysis;
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- CPA cesignation preferred (or progress towards), combined with 3-5 years experience;
- Excellent computer skills with strong working knowledge of Excel, Work and otehr Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with SAP, COGNOS or other ERP systems would be an asset;
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Priortizing, organization and decisioin making skiLls;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and in team setting;
- Initiative to learn and good problem solving skills;
- High level of ethics, integrity, discretion and confidentiality a must.
A competitive total rewards package, including a comprehensive benefits and pension plan.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable national or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.