Location: Richmond, IN
• Loads the Substrates from the cleaning baskets to fixtures and visually inspects the substrates for cleanliness and is responsible for the substrates in his care.
• Load the carousel in accordance with the Training Instructions and Recipe Information.
• Correctly adjust and check the flickers – Operation of Loading Platform and Tables.
• Load and unload the carousel form the chamber – Carousel Exchanging system.
• Visually inspect the carousel for dust and contamination prior to loading.
• Prepares the chamber in accordance with the BTS Standards Operating Instruction Manual.
• Input process data and start process.
• Visually inspects the Substrates after coating for correct flicker function and colour.
• Unloads the fixtures from Carousel.
• Fill in Batch Protocols
• Is responsible for specified 80 batch cleaning tasks
• Is responsible for 5 S Program in the coating room area
• Be able to operate all primary and secondary operations prior to and after coating process.
• A High School diploma is required.
• Familiarity with Balzers coating system operation highly desirable
• Knowledge of vacuum technology is desirable
• Experience in industrial tooling or a related industry is desirable
• Machine shop experience is desirable
• Team spirit
• Basic technical knowledge
• Attention to detail
• Successfully completed the relevant training modules as defined by BTS
1. Basic Vacuum Technology
2. Loading Overview
3. Load Guidelines
4. Avoiding Mistakes
5. Batch to Batch Exchange
6. Daily and Weekly Maintenance
7. 80 Batch Cleaning (assist)
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.