The Center Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities and resources related to maintain a multi-million dollar production operation. The position requires staff management, resources management, compliance and general oversight of the Center. The successful candidate must understand, operate, and act in a hands-on capacity to process products through our production system using standard processes. This role must support sales and interact with customers to understand their needs, including managing accounts, ensuring customer satisfaction by administration of quality systems and adherence to BHQ production and maintenance standards.
- Interact with customers to maintain effective working relationships;
- Daily management of all centre production activities including management/implementation of corporate and BHQ directives/initiatives;
- Administration and adherence to quality and safety systems;
- Production and delivery scheduling;
- Partnering with sales team to drive business development and promote CCM improvements;
- P&L responsibility including budgets, reporting and cost controls;
- Overall leadership of the centre including motivating, coaching and developing employees and promoting a team atmosphere.
- Post-Secondary education combined with 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing/production environment;
- Experience in managing production outcomes according to customer specifications;
- 2-4 years experience managing people;
- Progressive management responsibility;
- Strong technical background combined with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are a must.
A competative compensation and total rewards package.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable national or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.