TITLE: Center Manager
LOCATION: Wixom, Michigan
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities and resources related to maintain a multi-million dollar production operation
- Manages resources, staff, compliance and general oversight of the center
- Supervise all center employees. 40+ employees
- Understands, operates, and acts in a hands-on capacity to process products through production system using standard processes
- Daily Management of all center production activities including management/implementation of corporate and BHQ directives/initiatives, Administration and adherence to quality and safety systems at center level
- Supports sales and interacts with customers and acts as a driving force to achieve customer satisfaction by working with; drive business development and promote CCM improvements; understands customer needs, has a close relationship with the top 5-10% of customers as well as work thru customer issues
- Work with regional sales to facilitate generating new business by meeting customer specifications and facilitate production technology through understanding the operations of the equipment and their applications
- Oversee and ensure customer satisfaction by administration of quality systems and adherence to BHQ production and maintenance standards
- Responsible for production scheduling, building shift models to meet customer needs
- Manage a dedicated workforce with respect to employee development, cross-training, succession planning, and administrative approvals, etc., including performance management, hiring, and terminations
- Oversee production scheduling & delivery
- Manage customer expectation, expedited delivery and van routes
- P/L Responsibility and will manage budgets, run efficiency reports, analyze purchasing and labor decision effects on P/L, decision of equipment utilization on profitability.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; Experience substitutes
- 3-5 years of experience managing people
- 3-5 years of experience with managing production outcomes according to customer specifications; Previous coating industry experience preferred
- Experience working through manufacturing/ production environment to working the production cycles to deliver products on time
- Progressive management responsibility
- Strong interpersonal and customer service-oriented skills
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments). *CA
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - please send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.